Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C. Diff - How long for normal stool?

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    "I would caution you about using Imodium or any regular diarrhea drug (Kaopectate, etc.) while still infected with c. diff., as that can keep the toxins in your body and increases your risk for developing serious c. diff. complications such as necrotizing colitis. KLD"

Ditto! Drink lots of liquids and try and stick to the BRAT diet plus some protein. Immodium just keeps the bacteria inside and you want them to leave.
    Exactly, keep that crap flowing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    "I would caution you about using Imodium or any regular diarrhea drug (Kaopectate, etc.) while still infected with c. diff., as that can keep the toxins in your body and increases your risk for developing serious c. diff. complications such as necrotizing colitis. KLD"

Ditto! Drink lots of liquids and try and stick to the BRAT diet plus some protein. Immodium just keeps the bacteria inside and you want them to leave.
    I stopped the Imodium and ate 2 bananas and 1 applesauce yesterday, and had 2 servings of citrucel (1 tablespoon mixed in 3 oz of water) and I had a huge accident overnight.

My stool is still very soft and loose, more like mushy.. 2 days left of flagyl and vanco and still on the florastor...... started having some spasms return in the middle of the night like when I had full blown C. Diff. except not nearly as bad.. scared it;s coming back..

Help, please!

Just saw that stool treatment may becomming mainstream soon http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...olon-germ?lite
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I guess you have posted this question in two areas. C Diff is difficult to get rid of and you should get re-tested after completion of this medication to see if it is out of your system. Immodium is not recommended. Keep drinking liquids BRAT diet (bananas applesauce, rice, toast) bland stuff.

Hang in there.

pbr