Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SCI - The first time in South Africa.

here is the facebook of tommie prins

http://www.facebook.com/Acidice69
    JustaDollarPlease.org

t-8 para complete.13 years now.when i first got hurt doctors told me the cure/fix would come soon.be patiant and hopeful.think they told me that to keep me from putting a bullet in my head.glad im alive and got to see my kids grow up.wife is gone now,4 years and the last of the kids is about to move out start his life.ive had a good run.but,im ready to be able to stand and piss,or sit down to shit,hav sex again and feel it.not hav to worrie about pressure sores and so on.this news is inspiring,but i cant set myself up for dissapointment and get exited.i can only hope this is for real
    scott r

stem cell therapy in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Burg View Post
    One would think this would be big news here in SA but apart from the article I saw here on CC I haven't seen or heard anything else.

Heedis, you live in Cape Town. You traveled all the way to India to seek treatment. This hospital is right on your doorstep. Perhaps you could pop in and investigate it? This Thomas Prins chap shouldn't be too hard to track down.
    Hi Joe Burg.

This is freeking me out. I am i missing something?Last time i checked Doctors and clinics in South Africa did not practice this for SCI. Believe me i did my homework. I spent lots of time and energy questioning doctors and neurosurgeons here about the availability of stem cells for SCI. Most of the time i got a straigth forward answer. " It is not a proven treatment and will probably not be available in my lifetime in South Africa". Thats why i travelled to India. So this is news. I will make it my duty to visit this hospital. I pass it every day to and from work. This will be interesting....
    "A CURE IN OUR LIFETIME"

Thanks, Heedis.
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

not new
    JustaDollarPlease.org

- Could you translate that? - and the comments too? - If they have any significance..
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

It´s the same article already posted.

Quote Originally Posted by topperf View Post
    - Could you translate that? - and the comments too? - If they have any significance..
    Google translation

CAPE. - The legal team of the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) is investigating the complaint submitted to him after a "stamseloperasie" performed here.

The council yesterday confirmed to The Citizen that he was of the Association of Neurosurgeons of South Africa complaints received against Dr. Adriaan Liebenberg, the surgeon doing the operation in October on a paralyzed man in the Melomed performed Hospital in Belleville.

The association Liebenberg also requested the referral on his website that he is a member of the professional organization to remove. This has since been done, after the association's secretary, prof. Allan Taylor, said Liebenberg is not a member of the association.

After the HPCSA's legal team looked at the documents submitted by the association, the next possible step is to refer it to a committee that oversees professional conduct, said the council asked.

Should the committee decide on further steps will set up a charge sheet and a further investigation. Such an investigation can be attended by the public and the media.

The experimental surgery on October 10 and 24 at Tommy Prince (32) of Milnerton performed.

Liebenberg and Gert Jordaan, the man who manufactured the stem cells, did not have approval from an ethics committee. The procedure is not subject to peer evaluation, or published in a journal, and the Medicines Control Council has not given permission for it may not be executed.

While the former health minister, Barbara Hogan, a procedure of Jordan in 2008 and one dr. Burger (apparently a patient who was not involved) approved, withdrew the HPCSA this approval in 2009, because all the other procedures are lacking and they had many questions.

The association's complaint was sent to explain to Liebenberg and he can respond if he wants. If he responds, his explanation later be used as evidence.

After his response was received or not, the council will decide whether he will appoint a board of inquiry or not. If so, independent experts used oral evidence, including. The HPCSA's decision is final unless appealed.

The Citizen