Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon fiber seat base

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    But they cross all the wide of the seat? if they do, you will not need them in a CF or a birch core seat pan, you could fix the seat even with velcro to the frame tubing seat.
    No they are only about 2 inches long and I have 3 on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    T6 Aluminum is cheaper, has more than enough strength for the application and doesn't degrade when exposed to sunlight.
    That's not a bad option I may have to look into trying that also. It doesn't look as cool though not that anyone can see it.

For someone who is thinking in getting a solid seat pan the first step they have to do is get a seat of playwood, couldn`t be cheaper and you could see if you like it or not, once you are sure you want a solid seat, then spend the money in CF, Kevlar, fiber glass, aluminium sheets, titanium sheets, etc.

You can see in the first pic my first solid seat pan, and the second is in what i`m seating now, both are fixed with velcro.
    A seat pan will change your position, you will be seating in a higher position, so the FSH and RSH will have to be lower around .5"

Great job. Makes a nice gift. Funny, I just installed a new seat pan the other day. The velcro works well, you can remove the seat pan without tools.
    I think toto started a carbon fiber discussion a long time ago.
    Last edited by SoCalSteve; 11-30-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
    Great job. Makes a nice gift. Funny, I just installed a new seat pan the other day. The velcro works well, you can remove the seat pan without tools.
    I think toto started a carbon fiber discussion a long time ago.
    Yea, velcro works perfect, i have been with it for years without any problem, and if some day the velcro gets old, just take it out and stick a new strip of velcro, that`s all.

Here is the entire thread
    Last edited by totoL1; 12-01-2012 at 06:19 AM.