Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Carbon fiber seat base

  1. #1

    Carbon fiber seat base

    So I saw somewhere online a place selling carbon fiber seat bases so I decided to make my own for much cheaper here are some pictures let me no what you think




  2. #2
    Really nice, it`s CF 100%?, looks like inside is fiber glass.

  3. #3
    It's part carbon fiber part fiberglass I think he said about 3 or 4 layers of carbon

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeramie630 View Post
    It's part carbon fiber part fiberglass I think he said about 3 or 4 layers of carbon
    Well, that is why is much cheaper the same size of cloth in CF would cost 3-4 times more.
    Anyway looks like CF, so nobody is going to know about differences, only me look at that things, sorry .

  5. #5
    Senior Member elarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,226
    You did a nice job. Like the reflection of the x-mas lights.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Well, that is why is much cheaper the same size of cloth in CF would cost 3-4 times more.
    Anyway looks like CF, so nobody is going to know about differences, only me look at that things, sorry .
    Ya havering it not fully carbon fiber makes it cheaper but even if I had it all carbon fiber it's doesn't cost that much more mostly time . If this one works out ill try a fully carbon fiber one next

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeramie630 View Post
    Ya havering it not fully carbon fiber makes it cheaper but even if I had it all carbon fiber it's doesn't cost that much more mostly time . If this one works out ill try a fully carbon fiber one next
    You could try carbon fiber birch core the next time, are cheaper, good and lighter.
    http://www.dragonplate.com/ecart/pro...pID=530&cID=31
    With this thick you will not need the strips you have under your seat pan.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    You could try carbon fiber birch core the next time, are cheaper, good and lighter.
    http://www.dragonplate.com/ecart/pro...pID=530&cID=31
    With this thick you will not need the strips you have under your seat pan.
    Those aren't strips just little metal tabs I used to mount it

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeramie630 View Post
    Those aren't strips just little metal tabs I used to mount it
    But they cross all the wide of the seat? if they do, you will not need them in a CF or a birch core seat pan, you could fix the seat even with velcro to the frame tubing seat.

  10. #10
    T6 Aluminum is cheaper, has more than enough strength for the application and doesn't degrade when exposed to sunlight.

Similar Threads

  1. Carbon fiber solid seat pan by strips.
    By totoL1 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 01-19-2015, 05:38 PM
  2. Carbon Fiber
    By t8burst in forum Equipment
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 11:57 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 12:24 PM
  4. ADI Carbon Fiber Backrest
    By jbinny in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 12:12 PM
  5. Carbon fiber fenders
    By Jim in forum Equipment
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •