Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urodynamics test

Smash, I think urodynamics tests are standard with the foley or not. I know it is sometimes a preference of urologists whether or not to do them. I think ever so many years with a neurogenic bladder just to check for changes.

They used the electrodes for mine and I have never had that done before. My urologist this time has lots of SCI experience. It was painful as the electrodes go into the skin like needles.

That was my question too. With a foley the bladder should be emptying all the time.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I've used a foley for the last three years ... plus I've had urodynamics with the urologist knowing about the foley.

I'm not understanding her being questioned on that I guess?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I've used a foley for the last three years ... plus I've had urodynamics with the urologist knowing about the foley.

I'm not understanding her being questioned on that I guess?
    I don't think I was very clear. I was questioning "how can the bladder not be emptying correctly using a foley catheter"? Spasms?

I wasn't questioning the test.

I can't stop my spasms.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled the foley out because I thought it was blocked ... a total forceful fountain of pee came out ... I still have no explanation. Hasn't happened since.

Was looking into botox ... turns out it's not covered on my employer's benefits as there is not enough research to support using it on the bladder.

My next step - I guess - is to push for the growth of a new bladder???
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled the foley out because I thought it was blocked ... a total forceful fountain of pee came out ... I still have no explanation. Hasn't happened since.

Was looking into botox ... turns out it's not covered on my employer's benefits as there is not enough research to support using it on the bladder.

My next step - I guess - is to push for the growth of a new bladder???
    I can push enough to get the urine flow started then it spasms and stops. Sometimes I can start again and sometimes it doesn't. Then other times it floods and I can't stop it.

I watched it on Urodynamics and spasms have been my way to pee all these years. I asked the doctor lots of questions. I am thinking my bladder is just slowly deteriorating.

Never mind. The info I was responding to is gone.
    Last edited by faith9778; 11-30-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Google your screen name here ... this forum is public and can be searched.

The only non-public forums are R&S, Members Only, the private caregiving forum, Women Only and Politics.

I might have missed a few but those come to mind.

Darkeyed ... my sphincter finally gave out after 20+yrs of reflex voiding. It was hell ... but in many ways the foley is easier. No more wheelchair accessible bathrooms to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by faith9778 View Post
    DISCLAIMER: I personally do not want anything that i have ever mentioned to be copied and pasted or linked to another site. Ever. I know this is public anyway, but what I say here is purposely for here and that's it. Web research can be done for more information on any topic.
    Not under your control. Not prohibited by the forum OWNER and administrator (who copies nearly every post he responds to here). Not going to happen, or be enforced by moderators.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Not under your control. Not prohibited by the forum OWNER and administrator (who copies nearly every post he responds to here). Not going to happen, or be enforced by moderators.

(KLD)
    The quote is no longer needed since what I was responding to disappeared. We don't need to derail this post when something not even there.

Darkeyed ... my sphincter finally gave out after 20+yrs of reflex voiding. It was hell ... but in many ways the foley is easier. No more wheelchair accessible bathrooms to worry about.
    I didn't know you reflex voided too. That is what I am afraid of with mine. I have just had too many significant changes in the last three years. I was good after my hysterectomy in 2006 but it seems I have reached another downhill stage. My uro is suggesting Intermittent Cathing and I am going to give in. I am just tired of it. The spasm meds are not working anymore either. I have took them all.