Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my Q7 today!! *new pics added pg 2*

Got my Q7 today!! *new pics added pg 2*

Got it this afternoon. Immediately after my roommate and I went to the art museum. We completely lost track of time until my med alarm went off, and realized we'd been there 4 hours! And I was barely tired or sore, normally I'd have lasted maybe an hour. So I'm really amazed and even more excited now than I was waiting for the chair!

Specs are Q7 with drop down push handles, J3 back, swing away arm rests, plastic side guards, 2 inch dump, 1" inset, 75 degree front with reversed foot plate, anti tippers, pneumatic wheels, 5x1.5" casters. In Blue Opal

Something I need advice on... They gave me natural fit handrims by mistake. We originally had NF LTs on the order form until Grommet from here gave me a pair of NF LTs for free. When I saw them I kept quiet about it until we realized they weren't LTs. At first I thought it was like smashms where they gave her spinergy wheels even after that had been removed from the order.

What should I do? Has anyone ever been billed or anything like that afterwards for a mistake like this? A big problem is they're the full size NFs, which are too big for my tiny hands. So I'm still going to get my roommate to put the LTs on for me.

The cushion is the curve by the comfort company. I did have to shift my weight and rock my pelvis forward because of some coccyx pain. But I didn't have any pain or numbness on my seat bones (ITs?) like I would in a normal chair. So upgrading to a better cushion when I can is still a priority for me. I'm wondering if the Vocational Rehab Department could help there, I'm going to see them about assistance getting a job. I know they can help get funding for items needed to work. A better cushion without the coccyx pain would help there... Or maybe down the line I can use the fact I am getting some pain to convince medicaid to pay for a better cushion? And I'm in love with the J3 back, any normal chair/seat and I'd have muscle spasms after 2 hours but nothing even after 4.

Only 2 pictures for today, since we lost track of time it was dark when we left the art museum. I want to get some pictures outside in the sun so I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Last edited by ~Lin; 01-13-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Congrats on the chair! What museum were you visiting?

Indianapolis Museum of Art http://www.imamuseum.org/
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Congrats.

I'm not sure whether or not this will alleviate any of your coccygeal pain, but your seat-to-footrest looks to be a tad long. As a result, your femurs are sloping slightly downward and there may be a tad bit of sheer at your coccyx because your pelvis is being pulled into posterior tilt. It may be more comfortable if your footrest is brought up a bit.

Attachment 43422

Then again, it might not. Typically, there can be quite a bit trial and error getting a new chair dialed in for comfort, efficiency, and function. You know your body best.

Anyway, congrats!

Thanks SCI! Something I might try. We dropped the foot rest a bit lower due to my knee issues. Thats also why I have the 75 degree angle plus the reversed foot rest. At first I was a bit afraid that would make the chair too likely to flip forward but it seems very stable. The more closed my knee angle is the more it hurts my knees. My left is especially bad, and so I actually have it set with just my heel resting on the very edge of the foot plate, and occasionally had my lower calf just resting against the caster wing while we were moving slowly.

I showed the seating therapist the diagram you sent me, so we moved that piece up for me to access the 4th hole and now he knows how to do it for the next person. He said he never had anyone that needed to use that hole before. I did mention that you thought maybe quickie had designed it that way on purpose, to prevent someone from using it without knowing what they were doing and flipping the chair backwards.

you look seated well, this is what I want to get, Im up for a new chair.

Thats where my knees felt the best, when the foot rest was dropped to right there. I might try bringing it up at some point if the coccyx pain bugs me too much, see if that helps like SCI suggested. My feet are kind of forward on the rest right there though which I think throws things off a bit. Like I said above I had my left foot sticking out, and when I pulled that foot back for the photo I think I also shoved my right foot forward a little bit lol. In the face on photo you can see my right foot is further back on the plate, while my left is kinda sticking forward a bit. Thats just to keep that left knee angle as open as possible. I can't maintain 90 degrees with it.

The chair fit you well.

Do you purposely turn your footrest outward ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

The chair looks great on you!! Congrats and thanks for sharing.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Looks nice! Congratulations!
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982