Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone with scissor locks do me a favor?

Originally posted by *Andy*:

I was just adding some options to some things that KLD said about their usage, Jim is a para I believe.
    OH , OK I THOUGHT HE WAS A INC QUAD

Jim,
    The best thing for loading on hills is the hub locks such as D's Locks. They usually retail for $450 (some chairs are extra). I sell them and can help get your insurance to pay since you live on a hill. My info is here
    http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37908

Jeff Sirko

Originally posted by Jeffrey Sirko:

Jim,
    The best thing for loading on hills is the hub locks such as D's Locks. They usually retail for $450 (some chairs are extra). I sell them and can help get your insurance to pay since you live on a hill. My info is here

Jeff Sirko
    jeffs the man, im working w/ him and brian now. im impressed so far.

KLD, thanks for the pics. Can they be swaped from push to lock to pull to lock like the regular locks?

I dicided to go ahead and get the scissor locks. The chair hasn't been ordered, it's awaiting approval from my VR councelor. I figured if I didn't like them, I might can swap the brakes from my old chair, but the ZR frame tubes are larger so I might not. If so, it would be cheaper for me to buy the regular brakes, or go with something like the D's locks.

BTW, I'm a C8 complete quad, I have good hand strength though.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

how much are the new ZR?

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

2,895 is the list price but modifacations are extra. I sell them a little cheaper but depends on insurance and all that. If interested my info is here:

Jeff Sirko

Originally posted by luigi91377:

how much are the new ZR?

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more
    The TiLite order form shows a base price of $2,895, and since insurance and VR is paying I'm sure that's what they're charging. I've seen places that sell them for over $1000 cheaper than that.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

2 blocks away from the Real Housewives of Orange County
    Hi Jim. You can get D's locks from Spinlife.com, in addition, your durable medical equip. provider can order them from D's locks directly. I got mine directly from D's locks, as I was referred to them by Mike at Colours. They are located in San Diego. I don't want to post their number here, in case there may be privacy concerns. D's locks are rather inexpensive, considering the safety and convenience they allow. They will cost about $300, and tuck away even better than the scissor type locks in the photos.

I bet if you called Colours they would give you the phone number to D's locks.

The locks would be VERY easy for you to install yourself, I can do it, and I'm a GIRL (though I do have mechanical/machinest training via the USAF!), but really, they are quite easy to install and never need any maintenance.

Good luck. BTW...I should be getting my new Quickie Titanium in the middle of next week, equipped with a new set of D's locks!

How much do they weigh? If the scissor locks don't work out, I'll probably go with D's Locks.

_____

2 blocks away from the Real Housewives of Orange County
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by jimnms:

How much do they weigh? If the scissor locks don't work out, I'll probably go with D's Locks.
    Hi there. I'm really sorry, I don't know how much they weigh, but probably in the range of 1/2 to 1 pound. I know my current chair had never been fitted w/D's locks before, so my set-up is different from other chairs. I had to give my chair to them for a week while they had it in the machine shop, to design the piston housing for it.

I just love these locks because my chair no longer slips away from me when the ground is wet, or anyother time, for that matter.