Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low wine tolerance?

Something I've wondered about in the past as well. I can drink gallons of beer and copious amounts of liquor but I also find a couple of glasses of red wine really hits me.

Bottle of Sandemans port wine = buffoon who whiffs on transfer into bed...

I drink wine occasionally, but after a couple of days of drinking it I find that my bladder fills up very quickly and I usually end up having accidents. I usually drink gin or jagermeister because wine has such a low alcohol content i need to drink much more to cop a buzz which is what leads to my excessive urine problem. I often put back a half gallon of gin in a day which although probably not the best idea, it does help me to cope with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by nauticalmike View Post
    I drink wine occasionally, but after a couple of days of drinking it I find that my bladder fills up very quickly and I usually end up having accidents. I usually drink gin or jagermeister because wine has such a low alcohol content i need to drink much more to cop a buzz which is what leads to my excessive urine problem. I often put back a half gallon of gin in a day which although probably not the best idea, it does help me to cope with my life.
    I'm all for coping but a half gallon of gin a day leads to one of 2 places: needing a new liver or an early death that includes a lack of friends from being a ginned up ass. OK, you may not turn into an ass but Dude, try to cut back a bit or mix the stuff with tonic to keep malaria at bay.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Oh shoot...I was hoping this was actually "low whine tolerance", which would be MOST attractive to me today (I have had it with the whiners at work!!!).

(KLD)