Thread: Need new shower chair

Question Need new shower chair

I am a C6/7 quad. I have been using this chair for years: https://shop.briggscorp.com/e2wItemM...282:3100006288

The issue I have with it is that the wheels rust very badly and the seat is hard. I have a Roho overlay but when using it I'm obviously higher in my chair and can't fit under my sink in the bathroom so it restricts my independent functions. Do you have a chair you can recommend?
    Even though it's not well with my body,
    it is well with my soul.

The Activeaid line of shower/commode chairs, while pricey, are very durable and will last for years. They are available in many configurations and are ajustable to suit your needs. If you are interested in one of the Activeaid chairs, inquire about upgrading the seat to the "Waterfall" seat. The padding on this seat extends into the cut out for extra comfort and protection.

See a full range of Activeaid chairs here:
    http://www.sportaid.com/active-aid-s...-bath-seating/

All the best,
    GJ

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    If you want a shower chair that you can use at home AND on-the-road, take a look at www.GoesAnyhere.com (for disclosure: my own invention).

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I use an etac shower chair
    http://www.etac.com/Templates/Page.a...epslanguage=en

It does not cost 2000 bucks (more like 700), does not rust, is solid... And once you add the soft bottom padding and the 24inch wheel... It's just perfect.
    See if they have an agent in the us...

Chris

You can contact Snug Seat, who now represents ETAC products in the US. I believe the ETAC shower chair you are referencing is called CLEAN.

Here is the contact information for Snug Seat:

Snug Seat Inc.
    12801 E. Independence Blvd.
    P.O. Box 1739
    Matthews
    NC 28106
    USA
    Tel. 1 800 336 7684
    Fax 704 882 0751
    information@snugseat.com
    www.snugseat.com

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    The Activeaid line of shower/commode chairs, while pricey, are very durable and will last for years. They are available in many configurations and are ajustable to suit your needs. If you are interested in one of the Activeaid chairs, inquire about upgrading the seat to the "Waterfall" seat. The padding on this seat extends into the cut out for extra comfort and protection.

See a full range of Activeaid chairs here:
    http://www.sportaid.com/active-aid-s...-bath-seating/

All the best,
    GJ
    I too have an Activeaid Model 922. Very pleased with it. Only downfall is the seat does not last very long. The rubber coating wrinkles and cracks, eventually allowing water in - Then its game over. Have replaced seat every 1.5 years (warranty is 6 months) at a cost of $250.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    I too have an Activeaid Model 922. Very pleased with it. Only downfall is the seat does not last very long. The rubber coating wrinkles and cracks, eventually allowing water in - Then its game over. Have replaced seat every 1.5 years (warranty is 6 months) at a cost of $250.
    I know what you are talking about. I find I am getting better wear out of the "Waterfall" seat that extends the cushion into and around the cut out.

The Activeaid seat is seamless ensolite. Ensolite is the same material that high end swimming pool lounge floats are made of. There is a product call SuperSoft that is made for repairing these pool lounges. I am wondering if it would work on these seats. It is available from pool supply stores on line and appears in the picture attached.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by ckhouri View Post
    ...See if they have an agent in the us...
    I bought one at Costco. They're currently $515 delivered (plus 5% if you don't have a membership). After a year and a half there is no rust and no deterioration of the pad.