Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of mattress do you have?

What kind of mattress do you have?

I have a soft mattress and experience back pain from time to time. I'm considering anything else that will diminish the pain.I though about a water bed, but don't know if that will fix my problem. Does anybody have a water bed? If so, can you share your opinion. Thanks

I have a regular mattress covered with 2 inches of memory foam and a 1-inch sheepskin.

Sleep number...you can set the softness level and you can pump it up to 100 to help with transferring to and from the bed. Best investment I have made since becoming disabled!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I have a regular mattress. It is old and need replace. Did have waterbed 20+ years ago. I HATED IT. As I was concerned, it sucked for everything you can think of. If really going to get one, i suggest try them out first.

hi I've had a water bed for over 35 years, I almost had to give it up this year because I was having transfer issues with my carer's, the height of the bed was to low for there safety, but it has been resolved.

if you get a soft sided water bed..it means the water bladder is encased in a foam frame, transfers are the same as a normal bed as long as the height is right for you....you can have what they call a wave-less water bed which allows the water to move less...I have two layers in mine, it soft but firm...you can have one or more or none...it's naturally heated, if you are anything like me and get really stiff when you get cold...this is great...what I love about it most, is your body is alway in contact with the surface of the bed, no bed sores...if you like floating on water...go for it.. hope that helps...read my other posts..
    Love & Light WhiteAngel. Low Grade Astrocytoma Spinal Cord Tumour, C-1 to T-6 surgery back in 1970 @ age 4-1/2 with Brain Stem Cyst, Kyphosis, Scoliosis, Heading down the quadriplegia road. For my story and more please visit: http://whiteangel0.blogspot.com/p/my-story_06.html http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~whiteangel

i got this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensat...Sizes/12542630 for 3 years now, really happy, feels just right.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Smile

My husband Dan and I have a Tempurpedic Cloud queen size mattress. We had to get a firm model of the mattress because Dan is a very big guy at 6ft.,2inch. I have severe scoliosis, and a bone disorder where my bones are extremely fragile, and after two hip replacement surgeries. My body loves the mattress, and the comfort it gives. We had an old springy mattress that Dan had with him in his apartment before he and I moved in together, and it was so old that it was close to falling apart on us. Even though our current mattress is the firm model. It still provides the same kind of comfort that you would expect from a Tempurpedic.

We have a mattress topper on top of it that is made of the same material as the Tempurpedic, and it makes it even more comfortable. I always sleep so good at night, and Dan does too. Buying the Tempurpedic mattress was the best investment we have ever made since we've lived in our house.

I have a Temperpedic cloud supreme, but a word of warning, they are not very easy to move around on it you are a para or quad. It is comfortable though and I don't worry about pressure sores using this matteress, you can pretty much lay in the same position all night with no skin issues. It is very soft the one I have.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I have a Temperpedic cloud supreme, but a word of warning, they are not very easy to move around on it you are a para or quad. It is comfortable though and I don't worry about pressure sores using this matteress, you can pretty much lay in the same position all night with no skin issues. It is very soft the one I have.
    My wife and I are looking to replace our super old Serta something-or-another & have tried out a few Tempurpedics. The Cloud series are indeed tough to move around on, though still super comfortable. The Weightless series is MUCH more SCI-friendly. We're considering a Weightless Supreme:

http://www.tempurpedic.com/TEMPUR-We...ss-Supreme.asp

I'm not keen on dropping $2400+ on a mattress though. I'm still looking at other options.

I am trying to decide between the Cloud Supreme or Weightless series to use with their king size adjustable base. I prob need the one that will be easier on my shoulder since I am a side sleeper. My Sleep Number mattress still hurts my shoulders.

Is one any less hot than the other?
    What makes the Weightless series more SCI friendly?

Just trying to gather all the info I can before I got to the store for the mash test lol
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97