Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large kitchen faucet installed in bathroom sink for independent hair washing

Large kitchen faucet installed in bathroom sink for independent hair washing

Greg Businelle, a C6 quad, is so freaking smart. Check out his slick hair washing set up in his bathroom so he can do everything independently: http://www.spinalpedia.com//videodetails.php?vid=104024

And check out this hot as hell new C6 quad, Garrett Greer, showing how he shaves his head: http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012/11/hair-hair-hair/
    May the fetus you save be gay

My kitchen faucet actually extends/retracts and cannot even see the hose. It is under the sink. This was not build for disabiity. I had this before my injury. It was not cheap. Look for something similar or I can try to dig up the specs on this if Istill have them. i am NOT sure on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    And check out this hot as hell new C6 quad, Garrett Greer, showing how he shaves his head: http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012/11/hair-hair-hair/
    Yeah that dude is cute, I like the way he looked before. Oh yeah and I dig the faucet, the other guy uses to wash his hair. I need to get me one of those soap dispensers.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

OK, Theo, get the one of Meg doing her big hair up here! And do an interview on the missing 9 minutes. I am getting to a point where her length hair might actually work and I have the hair paste but no idea how to use it other than for framing the face and a bit of comb back.
    By the way, if anyone has some what decent grip American Standard puts out one bathroom pull out faucet with the back pull up spout for when you want to wash out delicates...
    LOVE the shampoo dispensor! When I wash my hair at the sink I use an old detergent top or big cough medicine cup to get my shampoo into and add a bit of water too. Trying to pour shampoo from almost any bottle at the sink is a disaster.
    I'm with wtf. I liked the guy before.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

You can look for the Lysol Automatic Soap Dispenser...they are often on sale. When you get done with the soap container that comes with it, have someone drill a hole in the top of the dispenser. Wash it out & then fill it with your bulk package of store brand soap, refill the Lysol container & cover the hole with scotch tape & you should be in business. ( I have two...1 for bathroom soap & the other is refilled w/some $Store hand sanitizer).

Quote Originally Posted by elldan View Post
    You can look for the Lysol Automatic Soap Dispenser...they are often on sale. When you get done with the soap container that comes with it, have someone drill a hole in the top of the dispenser. Wash it out & then fill it with your bulk package of store brand soap, refill the Lysol container & cover the hole with scotch tape & you should be in business. ( I have two...1 for bathroom soap & the other is refilled w/some $Store hand sanitizer).
    I was thinking of reusing the pump dispensor my hand soap from Bath and Body Works comes in. http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/prod...587146.4191864
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I think the Delta Touch2O faucets work pretty slick for us folks with limited hand movement. I bought one that's for a bar/prep sink and it looks pretty good and is super easy to use.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

I have some hand use and my last bathroom faucet was a Delta with a pull out for bathroom sinks but they discontinued it. When we renovated this bath we used these for both of our vanities. http://www.americanstandard-us.com/p....aspx?d=1&c=72 They look great with our bamboo cabinetry by Plato.

What makes a hand faucet easy to use? I need to update our sink and faucet, and the brands are not the same here in Europe.

My husband has good strength in one hand, but not the other. Also looking for good suggestions for the sink itself. I have one that someone gave us, but I have no idea how practical it is, and we have limited space in depth.

Here is a link to our setup now, which I did before I knew too much about what we needed. My husband was still in ICU, and all I knew is that he needed to come home to a good shower. Luckily, we did the trench drain, but now I'm trying to sort out the shower chair situation and a better sink/faucet.

BTW, Chassmain, I just left a message on your website. Amazing stuff you have been doing with the new house. I think I read almost your whole blog! Caleb is definitely one incredible dog. We love our fiesty little Jack Russel's, but they definitely have some learning to do from Caleb.

Quote Originally Posted by Chassmain View Post
    I think the Delta Touch2O faucets work pretty slick for us folks with limited hand movement. I bought one that's for a bar/prep sink and it looks pretty good and is super easy to use.
    Last edited by elarson; 12-03-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Love the rubber ducky! Think I might need to get me one of those!

For me, what makes a faucet easy to use is a large single lever that is easily move/actuate. For me, I took this one step further and bought one of the Delta Pilar Touch2O series faucets. If you check them out, you’ll see a single large lever which is easy for me to operate the temperature/flow, and once I get everything set all I need to do is tap the faucet with the side of my hand to turn it on/off. Really super easy to use! Another thing, don’t get too freaked out by the MSRP prices listed on the Delta site, I did a little searching around the Internet and found my faucets for half price of what they’re listed at Delta.

Glad to know there are a few CareCure members following along with my website; really hope some of you enjoy my ramblings or find a few cool technology pieces to make your lives easier. Feel like I totally hit the jackpot with my service dog Caleb. He is just the most amazing, loving, helpful creature and is so good at picking up the ladies :-). Thinking since you’ve got a couple Jack Russell’s you might as well train them like this!
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/