Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Father

My Father

Hello everyone, I am sorry to tell everyone that sci has struck twice in my family. My 79 year old father fell the monday before Thanksgiving and has recieved a compression injury at the c-5 level. This is almost the exact same injury as mine. He is currently in the icu at Detroit Recieving Hospital, which is part of the DMC. This is crazy eh..... He is in critical but stable condition awaiting decompression surgery. They have attempted twice but complications due to other health problems have caused a delay. Please put my mom and dad in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks Bob. Moderators,if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it, Bob

Hi Bob,

I'm very sorry to hear this. No family should have to go through this once, much less twice.

Stay Strong,
    Sue

Bob,
    Hearts are with your family.
    So very sorry this had to happen. Your Dad will need your strength now.

" I hate war only as a soldier who has lived it can.
    Only as one who has seen it's brutality, it's futility, it's stupidness." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Am praying for you Bob.

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
    Gandolf the Gray

Bob,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Wow, too unbelievable.....and really tough to deal with at age 79. I'll keep you, your family and especially your father in my thoughts and prayers.

Faye

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

Hello Bob,

Unreal! My family's prayers are with you and yours.

Ronnie

Bob -

So sorry to hear of this. Your family is in my thoughts. Keep us updated.

I wanted to add - the worst things always happen to the best people. A roomate in the hospital when I was twelve told me that and I never forgot it.

Jenn

[This message was edited by lynnifer on 12-04-04 at 11:00 PM.]

Bob,

I am so sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your father, and your family.

This is just too cruel. Once is too many, twice is unbelievable. I am very sorry.

My best wishes for recovery to your Father.

Darlene

handibob, your mom, dad, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I always enjoyed reading your posts. Hope they find a cure soon for all of us with the unhappy fortune of SCI. Till then I know you and your family will pull through.

Know that all of our thoughts and prayers are with you Bob. Since having a SCI, I always thought that at least the rest of my family was safe from experiencing this, as the chances of SCI to hit twice in one family would be unbelievable. It shows you never know. You and your father will be in my thoughts and prayers!