Thread: Windows eight speech recognition

Blog Entries

Windows eight speech recognition

I purchased a new computer recently it came with windows eight installed. Windows as has speech recognition software. I have no traded for about 1/2 hour. What you see is what I've gone through dictation without any correction. I don't have a special microphone I'm using the one did in the monitor.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Remands he way I ewes spill chock. Id salves me form masking manny sully spalling eros.

Blog Entries
    I have now had several days to work with this beach recognition program. The accuracy is much better. It should even be better with the separate microphone. It's good enough that I will continue using it.
    Tom

How is it in terms of command and control? Are you able to use it to control the PC totally hands free? Functions such as mouse control, opening applications, navigating around Windows etc?

My only suggestion is, if you really need this software, why not use the best? Dragon NaturallySpeaking just typed this email with no corrections at all.

Just a thought, but why bother with anything other than the best when the tool is so important for your productivity and happiness.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Blog Entries
    Looks like I can gain screen control pretty well, but not sure about total. I haven't tried DNS yet because I'm cheap and I'm curious how well this works. Today it appears to have regressed.
    Tom

Yeah, don't blame you for being cheap, but you can buy Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 11 for $50.99 through Amazon and Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 12 for $127. For that price just the decrease in aggravation would be worth it for me.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad

Blog Entries
    I continued to use Windows speech recognition for about a week. For some reason it continued to get worse until I could barely understand anything that I said. At that point I gave up and bought a copy of Dragon 12 and am now using it. This is what I was able to get on the first day using a microphone supplied by Dragon.
    Tom

Looking pretty good! You'll have to let us know how they compare after using Dragon for a bit longer.