Thread: Tire Tube Brand Preferences

Tire Tube Brand Preferences

hi all, it's been awhile. hope everyone, especially the seniors and "regs" are well..............it's finally time to swap out a set of Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires, it's been well over a year with this current set, (gotta luv those Marathons). Any way, what is everyone's preference to tire tube brands and you do any of you reuse the old tubes. dont be afraid to tell me which ones really suck.

Hi Bob, I'm new to the club, but i've got marathon plus tyres (i agree, awesome!) and using schwalbe tubes, they've got a nice metal threaded valve and good quality. Tubes don't cost a lot so I'd change them while you're doing the tyres and keep the old ones as spares. Might be worth changing the rim tape if that looks a bit crappy too.

Interested to see if there's any other suggestions
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

I agree with SuprSi on all points. The metal stem gives a better seal and is more durable for inflating.

Hi Bob.

Nice to see you here again, about tires probably the Marathon plus is the best option for a daily use, if you want something ligther you could go for RR, but they have less puncture protection.

About tubes, Schwalbe are good, but i prefer continental or Vittoria, they keep better the air than the Schwables (are a bit ligther than them)

I use this 650 Vittoria tube for my handbike and my 559 wheelchair wheels, no worry about the size, they fit ok into a 559 wheel.

BTW i have used Kenda concept tires and kenda tubes and are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Hi Bob.

Nice to see you here again, about tires probably the Marathon plus is the best option for a daily use, if you want something ligther you could go for RR, but they have less puncture protection.

About tubes, Schwalbe are good, but i prefer continental or Vittoria, they keep better the air than the Schwables (are a bit ligther than them)

I use this 650 Vittoria tube for my handbike and my 559 wheelchair wheels, no worry about the size, they fit ok into a 559 wheel.

BTW i have used Kenda concept tires and kenda tubes and are shit.
    thanks for your suggestions....
    toto, its nice to be back. summertime keeps me away from the forum sites. i really like the Marathons too, been using them for a few years now. i will check out the Vittoria tubes

I like the kenda tubes: http://www.sportaid.com/thorn-resist...alve-each.html

I also run the marathon plus tires. I tried the Schwalbe Airborne tires and the marathons are better.