Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Working, The Stigma of Not Working & Disability

Fuck 'em. Work is over rated anyway. Me, I work and my reward is I don't qualify for medical assistance because I make too much. I don't have insurance, so I am in debt from the original hospital bills and have to pay for my own caths and such.

People with SCI need financial help. Do what you can but don't sweat those who have no idea how good they have it. Most of them would collect if they could. We live in a world of hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by swh2007 View Post
    Well, you know, there is a stigma of some sorts when you are collecting SSDI and a candidate for President says that makes you part of the 47%.....
    That one STUNG. My bro says I'm guilty of the sin of pride. (I am.) Whatevs, he's guilty of Middle Aged White Guy Syndrome and Douchiness. (One of the mortal sins. Trust me.

We were raised by An American Success Story. I've had financially beneficial deaths (Timing-wise) Fought hard for our $$. Fought harder to keep spouse from spending it all 3x's.

But little bro resents me b/c my 7 yr old van is paid for. Also I was gifted a house upon receiving SCI. He was gifted equal amounts rehabs/treatment centers/lawyers.

Betheny - I'm surprised your brother has reacted that way...oh well you can't control the actions or dumb thoughts of others.

I also have to say that your name made me think back to when I was 14 and 15 and I had a love interest/crush on a pretty neighborhood girl also named Betheny... ;-) If you want message me at KP1996 on Yahoo Messenger.
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust