Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ouch! No herniated disc!

Whoops sorry looks like I posted and thought I lost it started over.....whoops

Lightbulb Wish I had a crystal ball

Well I am scheduled for epidural injection next thursday but this is for pain, but I feel numbness, can't feel ankle so me parts of the top of foot like big toe runs up to the chin to knee, and lower left part of back, and left but cheek, forearm, ring finger, little finger really didn't feel the shock of emg on left hand at all, what in the world, I have L5 radiculopathy, and left elbow entrapment, pain in abdomen about inch from left hip bone weird, feels like my heel has been numb today, really scared what the hell, I keep saying I got shocked by electricity, pain hot drilling up left heel not Down up, wow and now this appears, to make me feel like idiot when I don't think anyone was listening to me but if you work on a mat with water under it and you are not told, think you got shocked, I thought everyone knows if they have ever been shock they know, electrician said no ground fault at all in the room where there was water and electricity, I was less than 5 feet from both ends of room with both, I rent this room and it had flooded when I was not there, wasn't told. the room looked dry , but mat soaked the water up and I couldn't believe, what was said to me the following week not once but twice are you standing in water? No, standing on my mat you see I reported this even was having severe muscle contractions twenty minutes later, I finally went doc, when I return following I hear electricity grinding in room see I wanted to believe it was just muscle and back only, until I heard this and remembering what I felt that horrible day, this was real and my client heard it as I did we heard it twice, the horrible day this happened I had two client in the room, so if I'm crazy they are two, so once I was told the room flooded three weeks prior and cords were snatched out of wall,mat snatched to find melted to floor, and yes water under mat I thought I can't believe this if this person knew why why didn't she say ck you mat that room flooded, oh know she let me work on it for three wks, and a stinking stinking smell once mat came up, and said I doubt you got shocked, ok I'm crazy but my back didn't melt that rug or char that cord four times, so is this just to bazaar! This angers me deeply, and hurts me so much I don't understand but things happen for a reason, I'm still taking care of my husband and working as long as I can, it pains me to see the look on his face like he hasn't had enough with his health, I wish I had a crystal ball sometimes or do I?
    Last edited by Peacegirl_11; 12-06-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Peacegirl. I know as a caregiver it just makes everything harder when you are experiencing your own health problems too.

I'm not sure I understand everything you have written, but the electrical shock and flooding seem dodgy to me. Is this your employer that has you working in an unsafe environment, or is it your own business (I saw something about you renting it)? You may want to make sure that they have done everything listed under "Electrical safety" in this link about Flooding damage.

I hope steroid injections helped with the pain.

P.S. I know you have some difficulty writing and with punctuation. Maybe an idea is to hit enter after every sentenence, so more of us can try to understand your posts.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

No not my building renting, I have my own business I operate in this room. Will be moving out not up to code electrician said no ground fault. And not my employer.

P.s. not here for perfect punctuation, what's the big deal, wonder where you got that clue.

To whom it may concern,
    If you cant understand or read it, don't respond move own to next person you can critique them, I'm not interested, not why I'm a member to get education on punctuation! Sorry move on to someone else.

Hi Peacegirl,

Good that an electrician took a look at it. What a hassle having to move your business though. Best of luck to you.

BTW, I was not trying to critique your writing, I just really struggled to follow the posts. Your last post was much easier to understand -- thanks.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Well having epidural shot tomorrow Nervous a little, maybe it will help the nerve. Physical therapy has been good for me, altho I still cant feel left lower back, and other areas. But could be worse. Guess I dont understand how I didnt know I was numb weird. please pray for me thank you all!

Good luck with the epidural shot. I hope it helps. I'll be thinking of you...

Well had epi injection no problem didn't really feel anything different , but didn't feel pain to compare it to.
    don't think they ever met anyone who didn't know if they felt anything different.
    So they didn't give me another injection. I think I thought they could tell by exam on weakness or something.
    Well it has been 2wks and three days now I'm having some aching, I woke up this morning aching throbbing in the top of both feet and ankles up to chin, lower back, forearms weird thought at first flu, but not. I have not had any pain just significantly numb in areas. Wonder if these areas are trying to wake? Weird no pain just numb and now aching all over kinda. Or is This from injection? I have L5 Radiculopathy, grade 2 denervation on Emg nerve conduction test. But the pain management Dr said he didn't think there was nerve damage. Who do I listen to My Dr who did Emg? or pain Dr.
    I'm confused now. He said nerve irritation, does that mean pinched nerve, or just inflammation, or both? Aching in arms to so got to go now.

Peacegirl

Perhaps what the pain management doctor meant is that the nerve is irritated and not permanently damaged. I think you can have inflamed or pinched (compressed) nerves without there actually being damage to the nerve or nerve root. I don't think there is one conclusive test that can pinpoint the source. I would trust the electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction study (NCS) results and ask for more information from the pain management doctor about what the source of the nerve irritation is. If they do not know, maybe you can also have an MRI done or consider seeing a neurosurgeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacegirl_11 View Post
    Well had epi injection no problem didn't really feel anything different , but didn't feel pain to compare it to.
    don't think they ever met anyone who didn't know if they felt anything different.
    So they didn't give me another injection. I think I thought they could tell by exam on weakness or something.
    Well it has been 2wks and three days now I'm having some aching, I woke up this morning aching throbbing in the top of both feet and ankles up to chin, lower back, forearms weird thought at first flu, but not. I have not had any pain just significantly numb in areas. Wonder if these areas are trying to wake? Weird no pain just numb and now aching all over kinda. Or is This from injection? I have L5 Radiculopathy, grade 2 denervation on Emg nerve conduction test. But the pain management Dr said he didn't think there was nerve damage. Who do I listen to My Dr who did Emg? or pain Dr.
    I'm confused now. He said nerve irritation, does that mean pinched nerve, or just inflammation, or both? Aching in arms to so got to go now.

Peacegirl

Well I had MRI they said was normal, so by his findings on my initial exam I had numbness, no reflex in left ankle and weak in both knees. So did emg, and sent me for ct of abdomen which was normal. Dr told me this. Week I have a 1+ nerve damage. I asked if my disc was leaking chemicals onto the nerve causing the inflamation? And was this what was happening to me? And he said yes. I was in physical therapy this week doing leg lifts, and couldn't get up only few inches off seat and froze but didn't feel anything, so pushed off again but was so slow. I was afraid to stand my legs felt like jelly I have never done that.
    Came home and fell think my left leg was not working good was weak. I feel like both legs are slow and weak this week. Go back to dr in 4 wks.