I have a Medtronic pain pump. Over the last six months I've been experiencing increased intense anxiety through out the day. During the last few days it has become unbearable. About the time I started having the anxiety, I began Testosterone therapy. I've been taking Androgel 2.5 for the last 6 months. My doctor just switched me to Testosterone injections 100mg/ml once a week because I wasn't getting any results from the Androgel. My pump is filled with Hydromorphone and bubivicane. I've had the pump now for 5 years. I haven't had an increase of medication in the pump for over 3 years now. I think this might be the problem? Or is it the Testosterone therapy?
Over the last week the anxiety is only relieved by my oral meds, and only for about an hour after I take a dose of my oral dilaudid 8mg.
The meds I currently take are: Ambien 10 mg at night, Exalgo 12 mg once a day (this is new long lasting Hydromorphone) Hydromorphone 8mg every 6 hours, Carvedilol 12.5 mg twice a day, Testosterone injection 100mg/ml once a week. My pump has Dilaudid and Bubivicane, and I don't know the doses.
The anxiety is terrible! It started 6 months ago and has gradually gotten worse. It kind of reminds me what I felt like between oral pain med doses before I had the pump put in.
My doctor has ordered an MRI and X-ray of my pain pump; however, the tests are 3 weeks away. She says the computer indicates my battery and pump are dosing fine.
What could this be? I'm blowing through my oral meds way to fast just to get some relief from the anxiety; however, it is working less and less. I'm miserable, on edge, and inpatient.
Any ideas? Thank you.