Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New tires. Lol.

New tires. Lol.

I know you guys like to see pictures of chairs so here's mine. I've recently added yellow Right Run's to my green Roundbetty Dino wheels. Go Ducks!
    I'm Sam.

Trying to get the rotating correct. I don't know why it does that.

Nope.
    I'm Sam.

good lookin chair
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

When are the Surelocks arriving?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I have them... they're in a box in the living room still. Just not had much motivation to instal them yet. Hopefully today or tomorrow.
    I'm Sam.

Blog Entries
    San, you need some purple on there now! Seriously, I like the 6 colors plus the titanium frame. Here's the upright version...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Nothing wrong. If people like see these things, then we may as well make them something to really look at. When out in public, if people really need to look at what I am sitting on I simply may end up "blowing them a kiss" or winking at them. No problem whatsoever. This is why my new chair currently under construction will have PINK spokes. I probably oculd easily dye the cushion cover as well.

Or the D's Locks?

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Or the D's Locks?
    I'm presently not using my Surelocks and would never return to D's, so I don't have a dog in this hunt (or whatever the expression is). A CC lurker who happens to also live in NYC PM'd me recently to inquire about Surelock. He'd been using D's on his ZR2 but one or more instances when they suddenly engaged due to a defect in the black "junction" box. Hopefully his was a rare malfunction. I mention this as a heads up to you because I know this potential malfunction was an issue of utmost concern to you. He has a set of Surelocks on order. Perhaps if he discovers this thread/post he'll chime in and fill in the details.

He'd been using D's on his ZR2 but one or more instances when they suddenly engaged due to a defect in the black "junction" box. Hopefully his was a rare malfunction. I mention this as a heads up to you because I know this potential malfunction was an issue of utmost concern to you. He has a set of Surelocks on order. Perhaps if he discovers this thread/post he'll chime in and fill in the details.
    I would not consider this a defect, it is in fact a maintenance issue. The actuating lever retaining nut requires periodic torquing. When the lever begins to feel easier to engage it is time to tighten the nut (7/16" wrench). I carry a small roll of tape in my to-go bag in case this happens so I can tape the lever in the unlock position, some may choose to carry a wrench. Paying attention to the lever tension is the best solution however. Once the nylon washer under the retaining nut is worn in there is seldom need to adjust it, from my experience.