Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New tires. Lol.

You beat me to the punch Grommet. Sure locks use two high quality cables that run from the switch to the hub. Steve is easier to talk to, but I believe Jack offers the better product.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
    You beat me to the punch Grommet. Sure locks use two high quality cables that run from the switch to the hub. Steve is easier to talk to, but I believe Jack offers the better product.
    Buy me a set of Surelocks and I'll use them. I promise :-)

Btw why would replacing the cables not be something the end-user could do? Looks pretty straight forward to me but I'm only guessing. Bicycle riders make and repair their own cables. The trick would be making both cables work simultaneously. Seriously, I've had to learn SO much to make my wheelchairs work. I got a hardware/tool/electrical/engineering education fixing all this stuff. I've learned it's best to leave work to the professionals but sometimes I can't afford it. I replaced the right motor on my powerchair a couple of months ago. I didn't have the money for the shop to do it. Necessity, it's a mother ;-)

I'm starting to think just a black everything chair would be best, it would attract less attention that way and I'd get less "Can I help you's" My current chair looks something like that one with all the colors, infact I have the same tires.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

You are exceptional Grommet. Most customers don't have your education or experience, I guess I should have said average or typical user.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I'm starting to think just a black everything chair would be best, it would attract less attention that way and I'd get less "Can I help you's" My current chair looks something like that one with all the colors, infact I have the same tires.
    I have almost always gotten something like silver grey with black trim to increase the likelihood that people would notice me and not focus on the chair. I do not like too much black as it shows the dust. I think it worked. The one exception I made several years ago was to get my chair painted in my college (Pitt) colors. It was navy blue with a splashed gold finish. Talk about a conversation piece! lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
    The difference in build and component quality between the D's and the Surelocks will be instantly self-evident the moment you open the box.

When my D's first arrived about two years ago, I lubed the cables and pistons with aerosol lithium grease using a cable lubricating tool. They've continued to work wonderfully ever since. (note: if I exposed my chair to extreme weather, I'd lube them about every 6 months.)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    The difference in build and component quality between the D's and the Surelocks will be instantly self-evident the moment you open the box.
    I'm sure that's the case but the Surelocks are so expensive they're out of range for most people. I'm still in shock over the $520 I paid for my D's Locks. Going near a thousand, even for the quality, I don't know how I could find the money unless I decided to save for them in lieu of saving for a new chair. Surelocks aren't a solution if they aren't obtainable and I will mention that when my D's Locks arrived they wouldn't fit because of my wheel spacing. Steve wouldn't leave me alone until he got me some adapters and he knew they worked.

I would like to see a set of Surelocks, they sound great but the D's Locks are out of range for most people. I think you even once gave the example of Ferrari's and Lamborghinis. It's all high-end after market and usually put on high-end custom chairs.

I repeat my offer: someone wants to buy me a pair, Ill take them! In the meantime, my D's are working well and I'll talk to Steve about the cable harness. He really does stand behind his stuff.

Yea I would LOVE hub locks or spinergy wheels but both are way out of my price range.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.