Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mild sweating/AD cause?

Mild sweating/AD cause?

Okay, I have a cold feeling/sweating while seated mystery. I can't find a reason. Bowels fine (had "Fun Day" this morning, all cleaned out), Foley clear and draining, cushion okay, doodads not squished, no sores, no UTI, etc. It isn't pouring sweating or close to that, BP is okay, sweating seems more on my right side.

I don't recall if I posted this before - a search didn't find a post by me on this.

Thanks for any ideas.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I am a c6/7 complete quad. Sometimes I have this same kind of low level autonomia when I have shoulder and wrist pain from over doing it or my position in the chair is just not quite right, slouching etc.

All the best,
    GJ

Alan, if your blood pressure is OK, it most likely is not AD. Some people with SCI just sweat inappropriately. Excessive inappropriate sweating can also sometimes be associated with a syrinx.

(KLD)

I'm told I have small syrinxes at C-4 and C-6, and ongoing scar formation between them, and sensation and function changes, but they're not growing and there's nothing to be done surgically. I'm a medical mystery.
    Alan

This started after my 2.5 weeks in bed due to my dead chair. Spine curve related, maybe?
    Alan

Alan, I had the same symptoms a few years ago. And it took me awhile to figure it out. I was getting a corn on my foot and it was the shoe causing the problem.

We still can't find a cause (it isn't the Foley issue, because the problem began before the Foley problems did, and happens even the Foley is flowing.) No corn, no open sores.

If I go nuts, it won't be a medication side effect.
    Alan

For AD (which would require a blood pressure elevation too, not just sweating) causes to rule out would include:

• Urinary causes can include stones, cysts, high bladder pressures, etc. including UTIs.
    • Bowel/GI causes would be next to check: constipation, inflammed hemorrhoids, gall bladder problems, etc.
    • Next would be skin breakdown, ingrown toenails, burns, or infection, orthopedic (fractures, HO, etc.), etc.

Excessive sweating without blood pressure elevation can be related to infections or to a syrinx.

(KLD)

Thank you for the list.

I plan to send in a urine sample tomorrow after today's latest Foley change, but I haven't had any fever (I've been at my usual winter level 97 degrees, sometimes a bit lower or higher.)
    Alan

I use to have severe sweating. My shirts would literally be soaked with sweat. My doctor prescribed me Oxybutynin which is also used to treat bladder spams and it completely eliminated the problem.