Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: who said what, when?

Great attitude Paolo, any SCI research acute or chronic is better then no SCI research. Research in one area is sure to have benefits in another, I mean for all we know somebody researching Spina Bifida could come up with a piece of the cure puzzle. My opinion is that this shouldn`t be looked at as a bunch of seperate puzzles, it`s not a acute sci puzzle that`s seperate from the chronic puzzle that`s seperate from the non traumatic sci puzzle. It`s one spinal cord puzzle with the hypothetical possibilty that certain pieces might fit together easier then other pieces, the more pieces that are connected rather then in isolation the easier it is to solve the puzzle.

The SCI community can be its own worst enemy at times.
    Last edited by canuck; 11-15-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Hi, Paolo, I like your "Gorgonzola" taste in our salad. Btw, have you checked my "grappa" approach? I should recommend it with prosciutto, green onions and cranberry or pomegranate juice. If you prefer hot snack, try this: http://eteacherhebrew.com/articles/hamin-cholent , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholent.
    Just be cautious, don't get fat, we'll need our slender figures soon.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Recently I managed to cut off founding to scientists who didn't want to do chronic SCI studies at all!
    I plan to do more actions like that in the future.

Researchers reading here may keep that in mind.

Paolo
    Unless you got it directed somewhere else?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Paolo don't let your anger make you crazy ... seriously.
    I appreciate that Lynnifer....

...Aristotle does not deny anger a place in the behavior of a good person..

According to Aristotle, the virtue with regards to anger would not be led by the emotions (pathoi), but by reason (logos). So according to Aristotle, anger can be virtuous and rational in the right circumstances...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicomachean_Ethics

I am still learning... but I have found already usefull to allow myself to get angry ang to make it visible in a strategic manner.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    Hi, Paolo, I like your "Gorgonzola" taste in our salad. Btw, have you checked my "grappa" approach? I should recommend it with prosciutto, green onions and cranberry or pomegranate juice. If you prefer hot snack, try this: http://eteacherhebrew.com/articles/hamin-cholent , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholent.
    Just be cautious, don't get fat, we'll need our slender figures soon.
    You want to kill me! I already go to McDonald's few times a year!

... but I may get a bottle of good grappa for Xmas

Paolo
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 11-15-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Unless you got it directed somewhere else?
    Got it! Chronic!

Paolo

Got it! Chronic!

Paolo
    You had it redirected somewhere else? May I ask what funding was denied and where it went to?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Recently I managed to cut off founding to scientists who didn't want to do chronic SCI studies at all!
    I plan to do more actions like that in the future.

Researchers reading here may keep that in mind.

Paolo
    Wow.

You are a narrow minded little person.

It would be an awesome day if ANY SCI got cured. If acutes are cured, then (eventualy) there will be no chronics..think about it.

Why when I read your posts, you remind me of a 5 year old who doesn't get his way?
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Quote Originally Posted by Reed-edm View Post
    Wow.

You are a narrow minded little person.

It would be an awesome day if ANY SCI got cured. If acutes are cured, then (eventualy) there will be no chronics..think about it.

Why when I read your posts, you remind me of a 5 year old who doesn't get his way?
    Yes, you're right. When the chronics die out, and they manage to cure acute SCI, there will be no chronics.

A 15 year old was injured recently in a local car accident. I don't know him or the extent of his injuries other than, 'he'll never walk again'. Now, given the amazing improvements we've seen in health care, this young man can expect to live to say, 75.

Is your approach, seriously, to let the chronics just die out over time? That could take over half a century.

Logic says chronic first......think about it.

Got it! Chronic!

Paolo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayberry View Post
    Yes, you're right. When the chronics die out, and they manage to cure acute SCI, there will be no chronics.
    Agree with this totally.