View Poll Results: Which of these problems have you had when using UK public bus ramps?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have regular problems with ramps being deployed too steeply.

0 0%
  • I have occasional problems with ramps being too steep.

1 100.00%
  • Never had ramps that are too steep on UK public buses

0 0%
  • I use a w chair on UK buses but can get out so no ramp use.

0 0%
  • I've fallen out of my chair once or more due to steep ramps.

1 100.00%
  • I've rocketed onto the pavement once or more due to steep ramps.

1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Poll - Deployment of public bus ramps in UK

Question Poll - Deployment of public bus ramps in UK

-Do you ride public buses in the UK which have electric ramps?

-Does the driver often deploy them at a steep angle...too steep...and doesn't kneel the bus to reduce it?

-Fallen out of your chair or ended up shooting out onto the pavement at high speed due to steep ramps?

Tell me about it. If we get enough genuine responses, it could be submitted to LRT (or whoever it is these days....?!)

This poll is for UK public bus users only. Please don't vote otherwise because it would stop us from being able to use to improve things. Steep ramps are scary and dangerous to chair user and walkers too. They also mean you often have to ask for help from strangers to embark/disembark the bus. We all know how, many strangers don't listen to instructions and wildly grab any old thing then give it a hard shove to 'help' you board the bus.
    Last edited by Bear_on_wheels; 11-04-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Added note about dangers + difficulties of steep ramps on UK buses