Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: URGENT ACTION ALERT!!!! SEND YOUR MESSAGE TO UN DELEGATES

I'm trying to find a link directly to the UN on this issue...in the mean time, here's a link that will lead to their webcast on Friday, if anyone is interested:

UN Ad Hoc Committee on Reproductive Cloning

I sent my email too, and I also emailed the UN public relations office to see if I can get a list of delegates' offices in case anyone wants to send letters to them directly. I like that approach better, but this will do in a pinch I guess. The Cures for California site did not have anything about this where I could find it easily.

AB wife of T8 complete para

[This message was edited by Belle on 11-16-04 at 11:01 AM.]

Originally posted by Belle:

I'm trying to find a link directly to the UN on this issue...in the mean time, here's a link that will lead to their webcast on Friday, if anyone is interested:

http://www.un.org/law/cloning/index.html

Thanks Belle for that link!

So far we have 10 confirmed CC members who've sent their message to the UN delegates using the sample letter provided.

We have until Friday so let's keep it up....

Remember our letter to Tim Russert of 60 min.?
    We were able to get close to 200 signatures.

Our challenge is to meet or exceed our previous successful CC member response!

I know it may be harder to monitor how many CC messages are being sent out by our CC members, because some of you will not post a confirmation in this thread, but we should be able to reach 100 confirmations on the thread ( hopefully one confirmation post for every two messages sent out ).

Every confirmation post will encourage others to send in their message too!

Most of all a special thank you to our first 10 confirmed CC messages to the UN Delegates!

Suggestion: When you sign, mention you are "member of CareCure, an SCI/ALS internet community with a membership of approx. 8,000"

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

Originally posted by Belle:

http://www.un.org/law/cloning/index.html

I sent my email too, and I also emailed the UN public relations office to see if I can get a list of delegates' offices in case anyone wants to send letters to them directly. I like that approach better, but this will do in a pinch I guess. The Cures for California site did not have anything about this where I could find it easily.

[This message was edited by Belle on 11-16-04 at 11:01 AM.]
    Thanks Belle,

Here is a list of UN e-mail addresses of persuadable nations, but faxes are the preferred way of reaching each. I think the person at the prop 71 e-mail address will have a program set up where our messages are faxed to each of these UN nations.

However it doesn't hurt to also e-mail them I guess ( I have done that too):

bangladesh@un.int bonjocedric@yahoo.fr
    burkinafaso@un.int burundi@un.int
    caf@un.int camilo.reyes@minrelext.gov.co
    canada@un.int capeverde@un.int
    colombia@colombiaun.org donuny@minrelext.gov.co
    dora.amado@minrelext.gov.co fs@mofabd.org
    gambia@un.int hmfaftja@cwjamaica.com
    igm@angolaun.org informes@rree.gob.pe
    jamaica@un.int lesotho@un.int
    lesothoun@aol.com macedonia@un.int
    madagascar@un.int malawi@un.int
    mfa@smip.sv.gov.yu mfaftjam@cwjamaica.com
    misiune@romaniaun.org nigeria@un.int
    onuper@aol.com pemac@dit.gov.bt
    peru@un.int pmbnewyork@aol.com
    pm-un@mfa.gov.ua romania@un.int
    serbia-montenegro@un.int sierraleone@un.int
    sierraleonemission@verizon.net themission@angolaun.org
    timor-leste@un.int tzrepny@aol.com
    un@uamission.org unmoldova@aol.com
    uruguay@un.int webdesigner@mirex.gv.ao
    webmaster.mae@mae.gov.bf webmaster@mofabd.org
    webmaster@rree.gob.pe zambia@un.int
    zsmfa@mfa.gov.ua

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

[This message was edited by Faye on 11-16-04 at 12:53 PM.]

Done

thanks Faye

Alterego

My first post, but been reading for months, wanted to make sure its ok to copy and paste Faye's post to everybody in my mailbox. We need to stop this.

I sent mine....
    Roger

Hello all, I just sent my email to mjordan.

Faye, I sent mine and will also ask my family and friends to help.

Leia

"This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; your my only hope."

Faye,

I just sent my letter.

Originally posted by RU:

My first post, but been reading for months, wanted to make sure its ok to copy and paste Faye's post to everybody in my mailbox. We need to stop this.

I sent mine....
    Roger
    Roger, Hallina, lel42, bassplaya and Leia, thanks for YOUR messages to the UN !

And Roger, my posts can always be copied.
    Thank you for asking though, and welcome to CC

Faye