Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: URGENT ACTION ALERT!!!! SEND YOUR MESSAGE TO UN DELEGATES

URGENT ACTION ALERT!!!! SEND YOUR MESSAGE TO UN DELEGATES

GPI, SCAN, Prop 71 , CAMR and SSSCR are working together to mobilize all of us to send out letters to UN Delegates to prevent a BAN on Stem cell Research using NT.

Everyone here on CC, please help send a note to the UN delegates using the sample letter below!

Dear Friend of Stem Cell Research:

This Friday, November 19, the United Nations will vote on whether or not to ban therapeutic cloning. While not legally binding, this would be a tremendous blow to stem cell research, and might lead to a way to attack California's new Stem Cell Research and Cures Act.

If the opposition can say, "The world agrees that therapeutic cloning is bad", it will be easier for a Republican-dominated House and Senate to pass legislation like the Weldon/Brownback bills to criminalize the research. Remember, these virulently anti-science bills came very close to becoming law twice, both times passing the House of Representatives. If passed, therapeutic cloning would bring a ten year jail sentence and a fine of one million dollars for anyone, patient, parent, scientist or doctor, who had anything to do with Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer, widely known as therapeutic cloning.

Please help us with one short letter to the United Nations. It is very easy to do.

Just email your letter directly to Matt Jordan, mjordan@curesforcalifornia.com, and this hardworking person will make sure it gets faxed directly to all the United Nations delegates!

Here is a sample letter-keep it short. The letter should fit on one page, for ease of faxing.

Thank you!

Don

Dear Honorable Delegate to the United Nations:

Someone in my family (name him or her) has an incurable disease or disability (name it) which therapeutic cloning and stem cell therapies might help.

The world can and should agree to ban human reproductive cloning, which is dangerous to mother and unborn child; but therapeutic cloning for stem cells is a blessing.

In therapeutic cloning there is no sperm involved, nor any implantation in the uterus, nor any womb at all-and absolutely no miniature humans. Therapeutic cloning research is supported by the American Medical Association, (AMA), the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, and many more national and international scientific and medical organizations.

Please vote NO! on the Costa Rica cloning ban.

Thank you,

Your name (and name of organization you represent, if applicable

NOTE to CC members: please post to let everyone know your letter had gone out!

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

[This message was edited by Faye on 11-15-04 at 09:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by Faye on 11-15-04 at 09:51 PM.]

Well I've sent out mine....

How many more went out from CC members?

It takes less than two minutes to cut and paste the short letter and e-mail it to the Prop 71 e-mail address provided.

We owe Prop 71 that much...

Remember we CANNOT afford to make it:
    easier for a Republican-dominated House and Senate to pass legislation like the Weldon/Brownback bills which would criminalize the research, with jail sentences and million-dollar fines for researchers. This could seriously jeopardize Prop. 71, getting it tied up in litigation.
    YOUR HELP is needed.
    Don't let the folks in CA down. They are carrying this humanitarian load for all of the US with their courageous passage of Prop.71.

Thanks,

Faye

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

Thanks Faye for the heads up...I just sent mine.

Faye; thanks for keeping us all up to date on major events like this. I had no idea this was happening. I have emailed my letter for the UN.
    chris B.

Faye,

I will not let you down!

Yours, Suzanne

Done
    Thnx for informing

Regards
    UJ

Thank you Faye,

It's Done.

Hi Faye,

Did it.

John

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Done!

Thanks Faye.

Shelley

I've sent mine. Thanks Faye.