Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Tilite painted frames

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    227
    Mine is holding up great (candy apple red). Ive bashed/scratched off the stickers by the from casters, but no major scratches in the paint yet.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

  2. #12
    Had mine for a little over 2 years and 95% of the scratches came from getting in and out of vehicle, the other 5%? Speed+potholes....
    Most everything I say is

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Had mine for a little over 2 years and 95% of the scratches came from getting in and out of vehicle, the other 5%? Speed+potholes....
    Looks pretty beat up. Put differently, a lot of "personality."

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Looks pretty beat up. Put differently, a lot of "personality."
    Yep, I call it character, long as it doesn't effect performance I don't worry to much about scratches.
    Most everything I say is

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Looks pretty beat up. Put differently, a lot of "personality."
    The scratches getting the chair in-out the car depends on the type of injury you have and the technique used.
    I never scratch mine getting the chair in-out the car, just the clamps of the camber tube when i througth it out the car.
    Last edited by totoL1; 11-01-2012 at 05:28 AM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,167
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    The scratches getting the chair in-out the car depends on the type of injury you have and the technique used.
    I never scratch mine getting the chair in-out the car, just the clamps of the camber tube when i througth it out the car.
    I agree, the scratches on mine have all come from rubbing against work tables/benches/engines, and engine stands at work. That because I put my chair against them for leverage and to keep me from rolling away while working on them. I glued small rubber hose pieces under my chair where it hits the ground when loading in car(totoL1 trick), the casters are the only other part that gets scratched when I load in car.
    You shouldn't have any problems since you don't drive.

  7. #17
    This is a spanish guy in his kurshall and he dosen`t worry about the scratches of his chair either, but i couldn`t be sit in a chair like this one.

  8. #18
    Sitting on a black matt ZR2 since May. Only a tiny scratch on the right tube due to a bad fall (actually was amazed right after to see only that 'pixel like' scratch cause ZR fell -without me- from 2 meter gap height facing the tubes and wearing no guards). I have used black matt color and painted it locally with a cotton pad for ears. Other than that , wheelchair is new and holds very well to dust too (haven't cleaned it yet). I drive often but I am careful at transfers, never had a single scratch, as Toto said technique also helps.
    Last edited by ReArkou; 11-01-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    ''Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via''

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    The scratches getting the chair in-out the car depends on the type of injury you have and the technique used.
    I never scratch mine getting the chair in-out the car, just the clamps of the camber tube when i througth it out the car.
    Could be, I drive a 4x4 SUV so I turn it up and rest it on the front bars while I pull the tires off, however I don't think I ever put it on the camber tubes.
    Most everything I say is

  10. #20
    Senior Member wtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    silver state
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Could be, I drive a 4x4 SUV so I turn it up and rest it on the front bars while I pull the tires off, however I don't think I ever put it on the camber tubes.
    This is how I put my tires on, then I flip it still on the front bars to put the other wheel on. So you can imagine they get scratched, I'm hoping the polished frame will not show as much.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Similar Threads

  1. Cathing safe in newly painted room?
    By xsfxsf in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 03:39 PM
  2. Tilite painted titanium chairs????
    By jbinny in forum Equipment
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 08:57 PM
  3. TiLite 2GX and Aero X Folding Frames
    By SCI_OTR in forum Equipment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 07:54 PM
  4. Celebrity-painted goalie masks newest charity fundraiser
    By Max in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •