Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilite painted frames

Tilite painted frames

I am curious to hear from owners of TiLites with painted frames as to how well the paint is holding up. My TiLite has a polished frame, though I like many of the colors they offer and would consider one if I was persuaded it wouldn't look ragged in a few short years.

Blog Entries
    Don't get a painted frame if you can't handle scratches. It only takes me a few days of use to scratch hell outta them. I gave up a LONG time ago trying to keep a chair looking nice. It just AIN'T happening in MY world. Rather, I take the approach that a chair is a tool to enable me to leave the bed and live life.
    I know the majority take the attitude supposing the chair is like clothes and should look NICE. Stick with your polished one or get Ti, but mine is scratched also, just doesn't stand out like painted ones.
    John

I prefer black painted frames
    I alway's keep a Black sharpie in my purse just incase

Anyway's thas wha I do

Sincerely ;

GL

Almost 2 years I have been using my ZRA Natural Titanium Satin finish and sometime even how careful you are scratches and nicks are bound to happen. I can't imagine a visible scratch on a painted frames.
    L1 Burst Fracture Incomplete
    19th February 1998
    TiLite ZRA Series 2 01/31/2011
    New Design Back Hardware replaced by TiLite 03/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I am curious to hear from owners of TiLites with painted frames as to how well the paint is holding up. My TiLite has a polished frame, though I like many of the colors they offer and would consider one if I was persuaded it wouldn't look ragged in a few short years.
    You will not have problems, because you don`t drive and you don`t pick up&out your chair to the car, anyway you look like a carefull guy with his chair that likes it in good conditions, so the only parts that could get scratched could be the casting barrel housing hiting something inside restaurants, house,cinema, etc.

I ordered a Tilite ZRA in Yellow 3 months ago and I LOVE it!! I get complements on it all the time. I knew it would scratch so I ordered it with the frame protectors and that saves it from most scratches. I got a scratch on the bar that attaches from frame to wheel and I bought some yellow touch up paint and now you cant even tell where it was. If you want color go for it, Just be careful and buy some touch up paint just in case and it will be fine!

My husband and I both have painted matte black frames. My husband's is 2 years old and mine is 7 months old. Both are holding up well...there are some scratches, but they show better than some other paint jobs we have had in the past.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    You will not have problems, because you don`t drive and you don`t pick up&out your chair to the car, anyway you look like a carefull guy with his chair that likes it in good conditions, so the only parts that could get scratched could be the casting barrel housing hiting something inside restaurants, house,cinema, etc.
    agreed. my black zr2 is chunked up but thats because i drive.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    agreed. my black zr2 is chunked up but thats because i drive.

We both drive too...I do have thicker covers on the downtubes on both mine and my husband's chair so that when we put it on end to pull the wheels off we do not damage the down tubes any...but since we do drive and are very active I think the paint is holding up better on the TiLite chairs than my POS Quickie chairs.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Learn to appreciate scratches now a day.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.