Thread: permobile c500 tilt problem

permobile c500 tilt problem

so i awake at 4.45 for a hunting trip only to find the red warning light for the tilt is on. I dont have a pic of the joystick as it's 5.15 am and i'm stuck in bed but it's the joystick with 2 buttons each for elevate, recline, tilt, footrests.

Of course, all the shops are closed today and the chair wont move with this warning light on. Any ideas?

Sorry for my one finger prone typing.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Hope you have gotten going by now - had my Permobile go dead with controls blinking in recent past. After scouring the chair and the manual, discovered the lever for "manual operation" had been flicked into "on" position when I had been fiddling with the footrest near it.
    Discovered this after 20 minutes and flicked it to "off" and was back in business.

It's frustrating keeping up with equipment. I now have a rule for my manual chair: never air up the tires right before going out to an event, etc. That's the time I have gotten a flat - for no reason whatever.

No, i checked that, as well as everything else i'm capable of checking. Still screwed. Why does our crap always break down on the weekend?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Man...this aint' right. Davids has been blinking every now and then too. I haven't looked at it too close cause so far he has just been able to keep hitting the tilt button and it will go. Hope its just a short someplace.

Deadeye,
    Sorry about your problems. I have an Ibot. They are out of business next year so, I am looking for a new chair. How is the C500 in getting around on up slopes and gravel? Can you get around on dirt area OK with out getting stuck?
    Why did you get the 500 instead of the 400?
    Thanks,