Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: footrest question

Good job on the footrest and the curb!
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Good, glad you were able to adjust your own chair and you were able to keep the crossmember footrest at the same time.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

It takes no small amount of courage to jump your first curb. That and being able to adjust your chair gives you what we're all working for, more independence! Very cool :-)

Congrats
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Would you guys happen to know what kind of hex wrench you use to change COG? I've tried the set I have, it's a standard (American) hex wrench set, somebody at lowes had shown me, but it won't fit some of the screws in the backrest and camber tube. Does it take a metric hex? Thanks! PS: is there any easy way to change casters? Like a quick release for casters or something?
    Tourette's Syndrome - motor tics of the legs, feet and back, which can make it difficult or impossible to walk

Aren't they alleen screws?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Allen screws are turned by hex wrenches. For some reason I tend to call the hexes. :P I finally got my second hex wrench set....mine was metric, come to find out, and I needed a standard. Oh well...same ole same ole, I'm going to get on my chair pretty quick and see what I can do with the COG, RSH, back angle, etc, etc.

PS: Chas, can you foot propel with your flip-up footrest? And did yoru chair need a special rigidizer bar, or no?
    Tourette's Syndrome - motor tics of the legs, feet and back, which can make it difficult or impossible to walk

His flip up doesn't require an additional rigidizer because there is still a bar that goes across for rigidity, not the same as other types of flip ups. Brianm has the same type of tilite flip up and posted pictures of his chair recently if that's easier to find.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Thanks Lin! I was looking at Chas', photos earlier, it sounds like it might work.