Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Smile Hurricane Sandy

Looks like we'll get some tropical weather here. She's staying well off our coast but we will get tropical storm winds and rain. The winds will clean the palm trees and we do need the rain

Joe

Overcast and windy here. No rain, as yet.

One track has it going right over Baltimore. I'm thrilled - not. A lot of people (and trees) are going to get walloped if something doesn't turn it out to sea.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

The models sure point that way...here it's just windy and few rain scawls

Hurricane Sandy

The wind and rains are abating from Hurricane Sandy. She's almost directly off our coast now. No damage to report...Next stop for her...the Middle Atlantic US! Good luck you all!

Hope "y'all" safe.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Storm Sandy is all over the news here. We expect it to reach us on Monday. It's crazy! From what I've heard people are buying generators, batteries, canned goods, etc as fast as they can stock them. I have to admit, I have my little stockpile, just in case. I wish that I owned some stock in bottled water right about now, LOL.

This one is making me nervous though. If we lose power and I am in bed when it happens, I will be literally stuck. Unfortunately, paraplegia, two broken ankles and a deflated air mattress don't go together well at all. I'm not sure what I will do if that happens. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping that Sandy will take a detour out to sea. The last time this happened, we were without power for seven days, but getting around was a lot easier then, so it was manageable. I don't know how people did it back in the days when we had no electricity. Nowadays, we lose power and no one knows what to do. It’s actually kind of funny.

Ya, makes you realize how dependant on power we are. I was at the car wash today getting my truck washed here in Fla and the power shut off. The truck just stopped half way through the wash. I went for a wheel down the road and all the people at the gas stations trying to fill their cars where scratching their heads. It was strange. I think the power turning off had something to do with the high winds we had all day here from the out skirts of Sandy.

Strange the way the storm just takes an abrupt left now in the forecast towards NJ and NY, looks like those areas are going to get hit pretty bad and looks like it may drag on with high winds for around 36 hours or so. It's going to head up and hit CT,MA and R.I and Maine, the hurricaine is huge.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

It's going to meet a helluva cold front. Got down to 20 here in KS last night and it's headed east, as always. Until it meets Sandy. This could be a shitstorm forreal, y'all.

Thundersnow freaks me out. Hurricanesnow I can't even conceive.

Keep us posted. I am watching w/ great alarm. When the coyotes go to bed early, it is COLD.

Glad you're in FL, Curt. Newport's gonna suck!

Sugarcube, I'm pretty concerned about you. You are vulnerable. Backup plan?
    Last edited by betheny; 10-27-2012 at 09:47 PM.

seen on fb, prob from a different storm, but still funny...