Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by MFlounlacker View Post
    We are right in the bullseye about 5 miles from the beach. We have plenty of food, water, guns, catheters, a generator, chainsaw, weed, and beer. We are riding it out.
    This made me laugh so hard and brought back memories of family reunions on the Colville reservation when I was a kid. We also had dynamite for fun. Not kidding.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Thinking about and praying for all of you in the Northeast.
    Renee

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Well, my thoughts are with all you guys going throught this. Please be careful, this storm is unusually strong. I was watching CNN and they show a North Carolina town has been blown fully all the way to Macon, Georgia....!!! People living in NJ might end up in Ohio for all I know....

Dammit! That's gonna add another 4 1/2 hours to my trip! I'm stealing your pic too
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Take care all in the way. Hurricanes are a BI-ATCH!

You all be safe, in my thoughts here.

power out with power chair :-0

I'm here in Massachusetts RIGHT ON THE WATER. we have a flood warning. gusts up to 65mph. im sure we'll lose power, but i hope not for long. I GOT A POWER CHAIR. lol. my manual chair is supposed to be delivered thursday. i guess i'll be waiting another week on that one.

hey guys, i'm really new to this forum stuff. lol. is there a way i can like subscribe to this thread. so that i can be notified of replies and such?
    YOU'LL NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE, UNTIL THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO BE

Peegy, yes I did have help transitioning back home. The nursing care does have 24 hour emergency services, but I don’t think is a nursing issue. They also have homemakers and nurses aides at the same facility, but they provide services up to 4pm. Also all non essential personnel are asked to stay off the roadways. I think that includes them.

Cheesecake, I’m still trying to find out about shelters in the area. There is also a hospital not to far from here, I wonder if that may be an option, if needed.

My sister was telling me earlier today that I shouldn’t be worried. She said that the newscasters always exaggerate. She thinks I will be fine with my power inverter. I think I may be over reacting. It is the people on the coast and near the eye of the storm that really need to be concerned. I am way up on the northeast corner of the state, so I’ thinking I’ll be fine. I’m a little nervous about the inverter though. I tried hooking it up today to test it and it sparked. According to my brother in law, that is normal. Okay, if he says so. I still don’t like it though. lol

To all of you on the coastal areas, hang tight and say safe. I will be thinking of you and wishing you well.

I have been through quite a few Hurricanes in South FLorida..and I am really concerned and thinking about all of you up North.

Please try to stay warm and dry, brace for the worst..I have seen underestimated storms cause havoc and overestimated storms look like an average raining day....Prepare as if it was worst case...you will need water, and canned food, batteries and flash lights--look for your local online check lists for supplies.

Wear all your thermal layers to stay warm and get out your rain boots..so your feet don't get wet.

Prepare your fireplace if you have one..

Prepare prepare prepare...tell your emergency services you are disabled so they will put you on priority list.

http://www.alternet.org/environment/...-grave-warning
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda