Thread: Any Activia users?

Any Activia users?

Been eating one cup/container a day for about two months. Really seems to improve bowel motility. I can compensate if I miss eating it one day, but now two, however. Bathroom time has increased. Once I start, can't stop until upper colon is empty. This means bathroom every three days instead of two. However, there is less straining and the entire process is easier, if not shorter. I feel fine, but want to insure that I'm doing the right thing.

Moderator, please move this post to "Care", where it may receive some attention. Thank you.

I love this stuff too .. except I just took the plunge and went for straight probiotic capsules (Jamieson variety, a local manufacturing company of supplements).

Now I'm trying Align. I will report back.

I just feel better and function better as long as I take probiotics.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The yogurt versions all have insane amounts of sugar.

If you're getting into probiotics, you might want to read up about Kefir / Keffir, and how to make your own. It's like yoghurt only much easier to make.

You don't have to use dairy milk either. Soya milk works fine. I think coconut milk is another....

Kefir needs a starter culture. You can buy them powdered online or perhaps in larger health food shops? But there are also web sites or meet up groups that give away the kefir grains that you need to use as a starter. So if you can find one near you, you can get it free

You can also buy it ready made, although in London, I can only find one type, and only in the bigger health food shops. No added sugar or flavourings though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir

http://www.kefir.net/

P.S don't be put off by the pic on wikipedia. Those are just starter grains. Once you make it, they're mostly mixed in, so it just looks like yoghurt with a the odd tiny grain in it. No big lumps.
    If you buy ready made, well, the one that's available where I live ''Demeter Kefir'', the grains are so well mixed in, it's like totally smooth yoghurt.
    Last edited by Bear_on_wheels; 11-03-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Added info about sugar

I get the same results tasty. And to get over the cheap sugar added to store-bought yogurt, I make my own. I've used the machine pictured below for 20+ years. It probably cuts the cost of yogurt in half. And you know the probiotics are live because they created your yogurt. Probiotic pills are only as good as the refrigerated shipping link from manufacturer to loading dock to store refrigerator.
    I use the Casei Bifidus Acidophilus yogurt starter.

I noticed a difference with Align within 24hrs!

No more flaccid constipation for me ... Best probiotic I've ever had.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Trubiotics works wonders
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Good points, all

Thank you.

P.S I have found SAUERKRAUT aids digestion too. It also contains good bacteria, although different ones to Activia etc. There's also KIMCHI and a few others from around the world. It's the cheapest, live bacteria, digestive aid I know of.

I buy large jars of organic. Large jar=better value. Organic because I found non organic ones seemed to be using cheap and nasty, overly harsh/acidic? vinegar?
    Organic Sauerkraut often instantly reduces my stomach pain (tablespoon, chewed well). Non-organic did not.