Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong Stripped of 7 Tour de France Titles

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    The American public really hates cheaters that get caught and other falls from grace. It won't be long before they're talking about a book deal and who gets the first interview with him since the fall.
    Except there's not one shred of hard evidence that he did -- no failed tests all those years, just testimony from team mates and competitors who watched his backside cross the finish line. Would not stand up in court. I think it's a shame; other professional athletes accused of doping didn't get as harsh treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    When you look at the graphic in this article..........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...by-doping.html

............ and see that only three "clean" riders have won the Tour de Franses in the last seventeen years it makes you wonder why they bother testing at all!
    What standard are they using to declare those riders to be clean? That they passed drug tests? Armstrong was tested more than any other athlete out there and the French had a vendetta against him. Even now, they aren't pretending that they could claim that any other rider was clean enough to be awarded the wins they are stripping from him.

The shame here is that his cancer foundation will suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by David Berg View Post
    What standard are they using to declare those riders to be clean? That they passed drug tests? Armstrong was tested more than any other athlete out there and the French had a vendetta against him. Even now, they aren't pretending that they could claim that any other rider was clean enough to be awarded the wins they are stripping from him.

Agreed...even tv shows say they need hard evidence before they bring someone to trial. Since there was no positive test, only the words of some jealous people, or ones feeling guilty because they doped, I still believe that he is the 7 time Tour De France champion. Until you have one solid piece of physical evidence...he will always be the champion in my mind.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by David Berg View Post
    Very true.

I understand he may have used something but let's face it it's Donkeykong if other riders arent using enhancers plus he was i'll and still never gave up Why dont they tell the truth they can not go 200 miles on a bicycle with nothing unless theyre a super hero lol

Even if he was to Testify that he used a enhancer he still is a winner to me

Heck I would use a enhancer or anything etc....if it would help me walk

When he had the cancer kicking his butt he still made things happen positively ,
    More power to him

After watching the Tour De France I have long felt it is simply beyond human endurance. I would be surprised if any winner in the last several decades was drug or doping free.

Posted on CNN website
    November 12th, 2012
    11:20 AM ET
    Lance Armstrong quits Livestrong entirely

Lance Armstrong has quit the board of his namesake foundation - the latest fallout from allegations of doping that brought about the cycling icon's epic downfall.

He chose to resign from the Lance Armstrong Foundation - known by the name Livestrong - "to spare the organization any negative effects as a result of controversy surrounding his cycling career," according to a statement by Jeff Garvey, the foundation's chairman.

"We are deeply grateful to Lance for creating a cause that has served millions of cancer survivors and their families. We are beholden to the Armstrong family for the nearly $7 million in contributions throughout the foundation’s history. Lance Armstrong was instrumental in changing the way the world views people affected by cancer."

Armstrong previously gave up his position as chairman in the wake of the growing scandal, but said he would remain involved.

Although the Tour de France has revoked the seven victories that made him a legend, Armstrong tweeted a photo over the weekend showing himself lounging on a sofa beneath the seven prized yellow jerseys.

He has long insisted he did not cheat, and attacked those who accused him of using illegal substances. But the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency found "overwhelming" evidence that he was involved in "the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program."

Did you see the strange picture he tweeted. The picture shows him lying on a couch in a room in his home. The walls of the room display all the yellow jerseys from his Tour de France wins.

All the best,
    GJ

Even if he was to admit anything In my eyes he is a amazing athlete a true champion

Against the odds he really is kool
    Then again just my 2 cent's

Blood doping and growth hormones at the Tour? I am shocked, but only when someone gets caught.

The Tour reminds me when we used to have parties as teenagers. The parents would insist there be no drinking, although any sane parent would know better. As long as the cops didn't show up, no one went to the hospital or puked on the pool table everyone would say it was a great party.

The USADA sucks, the head had a vendetta against Armstrong and just couldn't let it go, as a biker you can appreciate the suffering he went through during the races.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"