Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong Stripped of 7 Tour de France Titles

Blog Entries

Lance Armstrong Stripped of 7 Tour de France Titles

Published: Monday, 22 Oct 2012 | 8:01 AM ET

By: Reuters

Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life after the International Cycling Union (UCI) said on Monday it had ratified the United States Anti-Doping Agency's (USADA) sanctions.
    Rogerio Barbosa | AFP | Getty Images
    Lance Armstrong

The decision was announced at a UCI news conference.
    "Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling," UCI President Pat McQuaid said as he confirmed the ratification.
    On Oct. 10, USADA published a report into Armstrong which alleged the now retired American rider had been involved in the "most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping program that sport has ever seen."
    Armstrong, 41, had previously elected not to contest USADA charges, prompting the agency to propose his punishment pending confirmation from cycling's world governing body.
    Former Armstrong teammates at his U.S. Postal and Discovery Channel [DISCA 60.81 0.37 (+0.61%) ] outfits, where he won his seven straight Tour titles from 1999 to 2005, testified against him and were given reduced bans by the American authorities.
    Armstrong, once widely accepted as one of the greatest cyclists of all time, and one who fought back from cancer to dominate the sport, has always denied doping and maintains he has never failed a doping test.
    He said he had stopped contesting the charges after years of probes and rumours because "there comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, 'Enough is enough.'"
    McQuaid, whose organization has long battled a major doping problem throughout the sport, added: "This is not the first time cycling has reached a crossroads and has had to start anew."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49500724

Say it ain't so Lance!

The higher they climb. . .

L I V E S T R O N G

Sometimes jealous people , Sore losers have to resort to low blows below the Belt as typical Boxers often do ...
    For a athlete who battled and Won Cancer / Lance does not need a piece of metal or Gold to be declared a winner cheater

He is a Winner in my books . That's my feeling
    Lance More power to ya

The American public really hates cheaters that get caught and other falls from grace. It won't be long before they're talking about a book deal and who gets the first interview with him since the fall.

He should admit it.

Blog Entries
    Hell, I don't give a pHuck... more power to him, he STILL hasn't failed a test.... one of the 'FEW' athletes that I ever payed attention to. Did more for the sport than ANYONE. Beat cancer and raised awareness about it. As far as I'M concerned, ICU and USADA can bite my hairless ASS. Look at the films... WHO won? I pHart in the general direction of the naysayers.

He won, but he cheated, his teammates testified to. Should we teach our kids its ok to cheat?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    He won, but he cheated, his teammates testified to. Should we teach our kids its ok to cheat?
    No we should not. He probably got his cancer from HGH or some other steroid or hormone.

When you look at the graphic in this article..........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...by-doping.html

............ and see that only three "clean" riders have won the Tour de Franses in the last seventeen years it makes you wonder why they bother testing at all!