Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flooring for Dodge Braun Entervan

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Just talked to my dealer and he said he has a company that he uses to put in the Duraflor after market. He said you are looking at between $500 and $600 to replace the carpet with Durafloor, just about the same as the original option. He said the same company he uses to put in Duraflor also replaces carpets in vans and that costs in the $400+ range.

Personally, I think it is a good investment in the van, if you plan on keeping it for a while and for resale.

All the best,
    GJ
    That sounds like a great price. last time i checked the Durafloor material was over $300 to do a typical lowered floor mobility van and it took most of a day to remove all the old rug and replace it with the Durafloor.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

that sounds more like what I heard. My dealer was just whining about removing the old stuff. He was estimating around $1000

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    That sounds like a great price. last time i checked the Durafloor material was over $300 to do a typical lowered floor mobility van and it took most of a day to remove all the old rug and replace it with the Durafloor.
    My dealer did say he hasn't had one done by the company he uses in a few months, but I wouldn't expect that there would be a drastic change in his estimate in that time.

All the best,
    GJ

Wow guys! Thanks for all the incredible information!

Very interested in the Duraflor treatment, just wondering how much of a crazy/expensive job it would be to rip up the old carpet and replace with this stuff. Seems like an awful lot of trim/t-bone track that would need to be removed/replaced. Yeah, I suppose I could just paint right on over the old carpet but after the ridiculous amount of these newer minivans cost it just seems so wrong to slosh a couple gallons of rubber on to my seemingly beautiful interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    I just buy two 3' by 5' rugs with carbet on top and rubber on the bottom.
    You need something to soak up the water not run off on the floor.
    Take em out when they get wet enough let em dry vacum them then just throw them back in.
    Best thing is try and stay out of the snow as much as you can.
    Art, just out of curiosity, do you have both of these 3 x 5’ rugs in your van at once? Or do you swap them out as one gets wet/dirty and replace it with a dry/clean one? As far as staying out of the snow… If only I didn’t live in northern Maine where it is snow 6 months of the year. This won’t be possible!
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    $600 I could handle... $300 plus a full day of labor… YIKES sounds expensive!
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/