Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flooring for Dodge Braun Entervan

Flooring for Dodge Braun Entervan

What does everyone use in cold/dirty climates to protect the gray rug that is across the floors of their minivans? I'm sure mine will be a complete mess after the first snowstorm. Is there some sort of rubber mat or something people have had good luck with?

Seems really foolish that they don't outfit these $60,000+ with a durable/washable rubber or vinyl floor.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

My Honda Odyssey with VMI Northstar Conversion has a Duraflor rubberized flooring that replaced the carpet. Duraflor was a $600.00 option when I bought the van. Cargo mats for pick up trucks are made of a similar product. Durafloor is made by Zenith Rubber Products. Here is an overview of the product from the Zenith website.

Duraflor® rubber flooring’s excellent resilience, endurance and dimensional stability, makes it the obvious choice for all your flooring needs. With Zenith’s R&D facilities continually refining its manufacturing process you are assured of a high quality product that will serve you for years to come.

Duraflor® provides maximum underfoot comfort with a high aesthetic appeal. It is more comfortable to walk on than other hard surface flooring. Duraflor® products also minimize the noise created by footsteps and wheeled traffic.

Duraflor® rubber flooring is highly slip retardant and can mitigate the risks of slips and falls in high traffic areas. It is recommended for floor coverings in areas such as ramps, restrooms and concourses. Due to its soft rubber base it acts like anti-fatigue flooring, making it the ideal choice also for school, hospitals and gymnasiums.

Duraflor® rubber flooring specially designed to protect floor surface & can be either loosely laid or bonded to the floor. Duraflor® rubber flooring offers an exciting contemporary look. Our speckle collection with more than 25 colours is suitable for schools & hotel lobby corridor, lifts, shops & commercial complex.

Duraflor® rubber flooring saves your money as maintenance cost is very less compared to most of the other flooring with hard surface floorings and carpets. It is scratch resistant and can be cleaned easily with widely available cleaners. There is no need for waxing, polishing, scrubbing, sanding or refinishing.

Duraflor® gives luxurious look to your flooring and has exceptional sound proofing qualities that make it specially suitable for cooperative buildings, hotel rooms.

Duraflor® is available in a wide range of colors and designs to make sure that your surroundings look just the way you want them. We also give our customers the options of ordering custom colors thereby providing them with the opportunity of total satisfaction. Duraflor® rubber flooring with proper choice of colours will give realistic wood look with benefits of a synthetic floor, hygienic, antibacterial properties.

Duraflor® flooring range includes innovative rubber flooring supplied in either tiles or rolls. Duraflor® flooring range offers many varieties of colours in Solids, Marbles & Speckle designs with smooth or sanding backing as per requirement of customer. You can match combination of colours in speckles design as per your interior demand. Match your flooring design with your walls & furniture colours it will give a classic look to your home as well as office.

Duraflor® Rubber Floorings, providing quality rubber solutions to satisfied customers the world over.

Contact your mobility dealer to find out if this type flooring available as an after market add on.

All the best,
    GJ

flooring option

Home depot has these black mats with a black rubber backing and an in door outdoor pile on the reverse side. They cost 17 dollars a piece soarwork wonders. We actualy have them in our house too at all the doors. We live in vermont and they last for years and protect whatever the flooring is underneath snow, rain ,salt whatever. Much more affordable then the other option or the LL Bean mats.

that's what i put in mine is the truck bed liner mat, that i cut and fit.......but granted i don't live in a bad climate area, we usually only get 3-4 mild snows a year........

I know some people who use those plastic floor mats that are designed to go under office chairs and protect the carpet. You can buy in various sizes at Office Max or Staples.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Chassmain View Post
    What does everyone use in cold/dirty climates to protect the gray rug that is across the floors of their minivans? I'm sure mine will be a complete mess after the first snowstorm. Is there some sort of rubber mat or something people have had good luck with?

Seems really foolish that they don't outfit these $60,000+ with a durable/washable rubber or vinyl floor.
    Dealers that stock the cheapest conversions do rugs, others do Duraflor rubberized flooring.

If you bought a van with carpet some of the plastic floor mats that are designed to go under office chairs and protect the carpet work better than others.

Depending on the application (driver or passenger in a power wheelchair) you may need to screw the plastic floor mat to the floor.

You could always have the rug replaced with Duraflor rubberized flooring.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

I just buy two 3' by 5' rugs with carbet on top and rubber on the bottom.
    You need something to soak up the water not run off on the floor.
    Take em out when they get wet enough let em dry vacum them then just throw them back in.
    Best thing is try and stay out of the snow as much as you can.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post

You could always have the rug replaced with Duraflor rubberized flooring.
    Any idea what this costs?

Diy?

If your floor under the rug is smooth and flat, suitable for coating, you could do it yourself using one of the deck coating products. I used Restore brand Liquid Armor from Home Depot for my front porch ramp. It's been extremely durable, not slippery and easy to clean, and a lot like the factory installed floor of my VMI Honda Odessey.

It's a one-part, roll-on, water based product available in dozens of colors. Two gallons for $50 covers 50 sq-ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bspill1 View Post
    Any idea what this costs?
    Just talked to my dealer and he said he has a company that he uses to put in the Duraflor after market. He said you are looking at between $500 and $600 to replace the carpet with Durafloor, just about the same as the original option. He said the same company he uses to put in Duraflor also replaces carpets in vans and that costs in the $400+ range.

Personally, I think it is a good investment in the van, if you plan on keeping it for a while and for resale.

All the best,
    GJ