Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: update on awareness bracelets

A great idea!!

I agree, though, "Cure Paralysis" is understandable to the general populace, "CureSCI" is not commonly known unfortunately.

Well the idea is to get people to ask, so it really doesn't matter if everything is spelled out on the bracelet. Once we have an audience then we can tell them what SCI is and all about it.

Originally posted by chastev8:

Well the idea is to get people to ask, so it really doesn't matter if everything is spelled out on the bracelet. Once we have an audience then we can tell them what SCI is and all about it.
    Yes, a great opportunity to educate!

Scott and Susan,

Wow, I like baby blue, nice color, nice design!! It would be nicer to spell out SCI though.

Good promotional item. Thanks for the hard work!

Suzanne

thanks all... I'm eagerly awaiting the next response.

as for 'sci' vs. 'paralysis,' or 'spinal cord injury' for that matter, we're just keeping it as 'sci.' I understand the concern, but we already went over the limit for letters, thus resulting in a higher cost to create the mold.

proportionally, the design in the image below is right on with the size of the bracelet if you cut it & flattened it out. more letters would scrunch everything up too tightly.

all that being said, "livestrong" has no direct reference to cancer, so why can't these be used the same way to strike up a discussion about what they're about?

regardless, I'm ready to be done w/ this project. who knew little silicone bracelets were this complicated?

just my $0.03. (inflation)

Thanks everyone!

We have put *lots* of time and energy into these little bracelets that will raise awarness for sci. If you only knew how hard i have worked to make this happen and still have lots to do! I must set up a company that distributes these to those who want them asap! Everything will run smoothly, right? (small grin)

OK, other things are moving into production too... (sigh)

Gods speed~
    Susan

I just want to know where to send the money to so I can get one for myself, and make EVERYONE I know buy one as well!

thanks for the picture and the update

Where specifically is the money being raised going to?

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

November, Susan is in the middle of getting a non-profit set up in Texas... chances are that initially the profit will go into that business, which has one purpose of producing exercise equipment for further conditioning of one's body in preparation for the day a cure shows up. Secondly, she has made a handful of contacts with other organizations all revolving around fundraising for SCI research. In the not-so-distant future I believe there will be some sort of widespread collaboration to identify & ultimately fund some researchers (or research groups) that have the greatest amount of potential for finding an effective treatment. That process is going to take some major coin as well.

Susan paid for this bracelet venture fully out of pocket (to the tune of several thousand dollars), and once the costs are recovered, the profit will go towards a cure in some fashion or another. It's not for personal gain by any means.

regards,
    ~ scott