Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my zr2 order questions

I haven't looked at the ZRA form, but for my TR you could choose tapered or V front at no extra cost.

I got 25" wheels on my new TR3 and this is my first with anything other than 24" wheels in 30 years. I recall reading here that it takes a bit more to get 25" wheels rolling but once you do it much nicer...althought I do believe this can be person depandant...I tend to agree with that statement. I went with 25" wheels for easier reach as I didn't want to lower my chair anymore and, for me, I wish I would have went to 25" wheels many, many years ago!

I use the Schwalbe Marathon Plus 25" tires.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I haven't looked at the ZRA form, but for my TR you could choose tapered or V front at no extra cost.

I got 25" wheels on my new TR3 and this is my first with anything other than 24" wheels in 30 years. I recall reading here that it takes a bit more to get 25" wheels rolling but once you do it much nicer...althought I do believe this can be person depandant...I tend to agree with that statement. I went with 25" wheels for easier reach as I didn't want to lower my chair anymore and, for me, I wish I would have went to 25" wheels many, many years ago!

I use the Schwalbe Marathon Plus 25" tires.
    thanks brian. i believe it says no charge by the v front. i've only used 24" in 11 yrs so i'm gonna try the change.

Yup, NCO means No Charge Option. I noticed that TiTile is doing more of this now.

I suggest that you check "Z2CBR9 Additional Spacers to Increase Rear Wheel Spacing--NCO" on the order from. That's a no charge option that gives you a way to increase your wheel spacing if you decide later that you want more. Hey, it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by ala View Post
    Yup, NCO means No Charge Option. I noticed that TiTile is doing more of this now.

I suggest that you check "Z2CBR9 Additional Spacers to Increase Rear Wheel Spacing--NCO" on the order from. That's a no charge option that gives you a way to increase your wheel spacing if you decide later that you want more. Hey, it's free.
    I agree with this...when I put a thicker profile tire on for the winter months, these spacers come in handy...and you cannot beat the price!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

does anybody use or know how to measure for the matrx mx1 back with the mono mount? mounting on the ridgidizer bar seems like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ala View Post

yep ala i did check the free spacers. like ya say, can't beat free, lol.

another question. does the jay3 back sound like a good option? i need the 12" mid. are most ppl satisfied with these? are they pretty light weight?

i'm either thinking jay or varilite icon but ppl complain about them getting knocked out of place a lot cause of so much adjustability.

Just for sh*ts and giggles here is a better picture of the Shadow wheels. If you're like me, you're looking for ways to save money and still have a reasonably cool looking wheelchair. And fancy wheels are pretty expensive.

I believe the Shadows are made by Out-Front just like the composite locks. I noticed this while I was doing reseach months ago.

http://www.out-front.com/shadow_overview.php

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    does anybody use or know how to measure for the matrx mx1 back with the mono mount? mounting on the ridgidizer bar seems like a good idea.
    Some months ago, I found a pdf brochure online that detailed how to measure for the mono-mount hardware, so I know it exists somewhere. It included measuring the height of your rigidizer bar, how much gap you wanted beneath the back, what height you wanted the top to be, and ultimately, what size Matrx to order. Sadly, I cannot find it again, and I did not save it.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Some months ago, I found a pdf brochure online that detailed how to measure for the mono-mount hardware, so I know it exists somewhere. It included measuring the height of your rigidizer bar, how much gap you wanted beneath the back, what height you wanted the top to be, and ultimately, what size Matrx to order. Sadly, I cannot find it again, and I did not save it.
    it's on the motion concepts website. it just kinda cufuzzled me. dunno if it'd work with the 4" deep rigidizer bar on the tilite.

http://www.motionconcepts.com/matrx_all_us.html

if ya click on the mx1 it gives you a pdf file.