Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my zr2 order questions

my zr2 order questions

i know this has probably been discussed before but i need a refresher. i know a lot of ppl used to say they found their happy medium with 25" wheels.

the reason i'm asking is i'm filling out the order form for my new zra2. i'm thinking i wanna try 25 inchers this go round. on the form the standard tires for 25" (559) is primo treaded. will these be 1" tires or 1 x 1 3/8 like the 24s?

and will 25s be easier/harder to push? i know this question has many variables involved but maybe just some ppl that use 25s can give me their opinions.

i'd also like to see some pics of the new tilite shadow wheels if anybody would mind obliging me.
    Last edited by rollin64; 10-22-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: too many different questions

The pneumatic 559 treaded tire that TiLite uses is the Passage. It is 25x1 and is the tire shown in my avatar.

I saw the Shadow wheels when I was at RESNA and they look like a step up from the Spinergy wire wheel. Can't say much more about them however.

thanks man, that's just what i wondering about.

oh yea, can you put a 1 x 1 3/8 tire on that rim or do they even make that size tire for that rim? i don't want nothing knobby.
    Last edited by rollin64; 10-21-2012 at 02:22 PM.

a 1" tire, that'll give me a little more rear wheel space, correct? like if i choose 1" rear wheel spacing. i'll have a little more wiggle room than with a 1 x 1 3/8 tire?

I'm assuming that after years of being in a chair you probably know pretty well by now what dimensions you need, so why a ZRA and not a ZR? You're adding a lot of weight and sacrificing a LOT of performance. As you may have observed, there have been lots of threads here lately about the benefits of getting a fully welded chair (with TiLite, a fixed-back frame). Highly recommended! Unless there are some extenuating reasons for getting an adjustable chair, I would strongly encourage to consider your ideal dimensions and ordering the best performing (i.e., fully rigid) chair you can afford.

As for wheels, I made the transition from 24" to 25" wheels about 12 years ago. I didn't find it a big adjustment; in fact, it felt great right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I'm assuming that after years of being in a chair you probably know pretty well by now what dimensions you need, so why a ZRA and not a ZR? You're adding a lot of weight and sacrificing a LOT of performance. As you may have observed, there have been lots of threads here lately about the benefits of getting a fully welded chair (with TiLite, a fixed-back frame). Highly recommended! Unless there are some extenuating reasons for getting an adjustable chair, I would strongly encourage to consider your ideal dimensions and ordering the best performing (i.e., fully rigid) chair you can afford.

As for wheels, I made the transition from 24" to 25" wheels about 12 years ago. I didn't find it a big adjustment; in fact, it felt great right from the start.
    yea stephen i wish i could get a fixed frame. i'm going thru medicare/medicaid. they'll only approve adjustable chairs for some ungodly reason. i'm assuming it's price. it takes an act from god for them to approve titanium to begin with.

changed the thread name cause i have a few extra questions.

sux they don't have the 4.5" softroll caster option. i'm wondering if anybody knows, if i order 4.5s will they put them in the middle hole like they did my 5.1s on my zra1? also, if i get 2.5 cog will it fall under the backrest plate like the series 1 did? that makes it more complicated if ya wanna change it. 3.0 would've cleared it but thats a little too tippy for me.

Here are some pictures of my new TR3 with the TiLite shadow wheels from the CAD thread.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=153343&page=5

thanks ala, they do look better than the spinergy wire that used to be the option.

i also saw on russianrobs cad pic that his 4.5 casters are in the middle hole so that's another question answered.

is a v front standard or is that an upcharge on a ZR? i'd much rather have a v front cause that's what i'm used to.

i got to thinking, if they'll pay for a zra they shouldn't have a problem with a couple more hundred for a fixed frame.
    Last edited by rollin64; 10-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.