Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story - Season 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

American Horror Story - Season 2

Any of you care to discuss it?

Ecstatic that 'the kid' is back ... and Jessica Lange. Wish Denis O'Hare was back.

I was terribly confused upon the first episode ... no idea what's going on but reviews say this will be better than the first!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Ecstatic that 'the kid' is back ... and Jessica Lange. Wish Denis O'Hare was back.

I was terribly confused upon the first episode ... no idea what's going on but reviews say this will be better than the first!
    Denis O'Hare was a recurring character in season one. He could easily be placed in the plot somewhere, so maybe you'll get your wish.

Here's what I got out of the first episode:

Kit was or thinks he was abducted by aliens, but others think he is a serial killer. He likely was abducted if only because the doctor pulled out the chip inside of him. So now we have to ask ourselves, are both true? Is he both a serial killer and was abducted? Or are the aliens responsible for this string of deaths?

Sister Jude is a dogmatic nun, but is given to her own temptations, as we saw her fantasize about the priest sexually. Is it about power? Probably, because she's at war with the doctor inside the asylum. The nun versus doctor is symbolic of religion versus science. They make it fairly clear during their dialogue. The nun wants to explain everything away with the evil spirits doing it, but the doctor thinks there's a biological reason for it.

Interestingly, I wonder how Sister Jude knew the reporter was a lesbian and used it as a weapon against her lover?

Watching it again now ... how could I forget Adm Levine in the opening scenes???
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Watching it again now ... how could I forget Adm Levine in the opening scenes???
    I'm just sad we didn't get to see him totally naked.

It annoyed me that the credits were still on the screen 20 mn into the show-it was distracting.
    The alien part is a stretch. Will see if it picks up momentum like season 1.
    I will keep watching because of Jessica Lange. Chloe Sevigny was a good addition.
    Excellent point about religion vs science Todd.

Well, I'm assuming the alien/serial killer bit will have twists and turns since nothing in this series makes sense right away. I wondered how Sister Jude knew she was a lesbisan too.

Glad to see the dark haired actor back! (Not saying who until everyone is caught up).

The doctor is an escaped Nazi. Considering this takes place in 1964, it isn't a stretch to believe he escaped Europe after the war, and is hiding from authorities.

love it