Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby stroller

baby stroller

hello,

i am a student in Taiwan, and i am doing a project about wheelchair.
    i am wondering if there is any chance that baby stroller can be designed or needed

do you think having a baby stroller is more convenience for people have kids or relative's kid when they need to go out or anyother circumstances

but there is few design and equipment on the market...

what do you think about that?

and i am appreciate your sharing and thank you very much.

I have seen a really good 1 made out of a bike seat that clips down to the front of mum and dad's chair.Used from newborn to 2 years
    Last edited by cyfskid; 10-20-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Just my input. The stroller you posted above looks like it would have a very limited period of use for a tiny infant. It looks heavy as well. It also looks very expensive! It would be much better to have a stroller that could be used for both an infant and a younger toddler, or at least adjusted more easily for the growing child. Also, this one appears to cause some serious problems with the wheelchair users ability to see the path in front of them to avoid obstacles, other people, etc.

A number of our members have used and adapted regular "umbrella" type strollers. I would lean toward some adaptation of that inexpensive, lightweight design.

(KLD)

stroller

Thanks for your opinion.
    That is really useful for my design.

And another question,
    If any chances when you need to buy a new chair (under any condition) or when you
    do you prefer baby carriers to be a single unit and can be added to any type of wheelchair or you may choose a wheelchair that with stroller(or basket) designed in it ( stroller can be taken off while you don't need it and the chair can be the everyday chair with no doubt ) ?

these are pictures i found in google image, do you mean by the way in pictures ?

Last edited by Alexx; 10-20-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: add something

Smile Answers from a future mum

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Thanks for your opinion.
    That is really useful for my design.

And another question,
    do you prefer baby carriers to be a single unit ,and can be added to any type of wheelchair
    these are pictures i found in google image, do you mean by the way in pictures ?
    Edited quote shows my answers here are my reasons:

1) Need to use it inside
    2)Needs to be easier to get off and on when you have no finger movement
    3)I have multiple seating environments(manual,power,handcycle) need to moveable between them all
    4)Cost less metal=cheaper babies cost alot
    5)I would be scared an attachment would come off risking my babies when going over a bump

Personally, when my daughter was small enough to use a stroller, wearing her in a snuggi or other baby-wearing device was the best solution. When she got too big, she would just ride on my lap. Now, I wish we had a jump seat on the front or back of the chair for distances. She pretty much walks alongside me now.
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Thanks again!

You are great parents!!

These are so precious life experiences to help me think about designing stroller (if i can find a good solution, i hope i can (: )

Here ya go. We should have one next week for a wheelchair we just made for soon to be mom. I'll post pictures when it gets here but here is the link.
    http://www.tnsrijen.nl/freewheeler-add.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Top half look tippy, I'd remove it. The major issue is that it looks to me that the front wheels are fixed straight. I mean I think it's not possible to turn this thing from sitting in the wheelchair. Instead it needs to be redesigned probably incorporating the Freewheel or similar turning caster.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.