Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: baby stroller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    baby stroller

    hello,

    i am a student in Taiwan, and i am doing a project about wheelchair.
    i am wondering if there is any chance that baby stroller can be designed or needed

    do you think having a baby stroller is more convenience for people have kids or relative's kid when they need to go out or anyother circumstances

    but there is few design and equipment on the market...

    what do you think about that?

    and i am appreciate your sharing and thank you very much.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Top half look tippy, I'd remove it. The major issue is that it looks to me that the front wheels are fixed straight. I mean I think it's not possible to turn this thing from sitting in the wheelchair. Instead it needs to be redesigned probably incorporating the Freewheel or similar turning caster.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Top half look tippy, I'd remove it. The major issue is that it looks to me that the front wheels are fixed straight. I mean I think it's not possible to turn this thing from sitting in the wheelchair. Instead it needs to be redesigned probably incorporating the Freewheel or similar turning caster.



    the link is about cursum

    vehttp://vimeo.com/43120527


    yap, it looks like there are some problems need to be solved
    I'll take your advice into my work
    thank you very much!!

  5. #5
    The creator of the Cursum (Cindy) has been responding to some comments here:
    http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/06/2...tive-stroller/

    It's just a concept created for her degree project at school, and she still has a few years of study left. She has no plans for commercialization (since she has neither the time nor money). She also can't share any info/plans, unfortunately.

    I'm *very* interested in getting/creating something similar for my wife. She did use a baby sling when our kid was an infant, but it hurt her back. We also tried the baby ergo, same. Also, it puts a lot more weight on her & hurts w/ balance.

    It'd be really neat if I could find some way to attach a baby car seat to a Tilite ZRA. The ones that attach to the front look a little bulky for indoor use, though I can see them being useful for outdoors. I've been looking at plain inline dual strollers (City Select w/ 2nd seat), and I know she could push one a bit, but it's not convenient. Still looking for ideas.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by unlaterico View Post
    The creator of the Cursum (Cindy) has been responding to some comments here:
    http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/06/2...tive-stroller/

    It's just a concept created for her degree project at school, and she still has a few years of study left. She has no plans for commercialization (since she has neither the time nor money). She also can't share any info/plans, unfortunately.

    I'm *very* interested in getting/creating something similar for my wife. She did use a baby sling when our kid was an infant, but it hurt her back. We also tried the baby ergo, same. Also, it puts a lot more weight on her & hurts w/ balance.

    It'd be really neat if I could find some way to attach a baby car seat to a Tilite ZRA. The ones that attach to the front look a little bulky for indoor use, though I can see them being useful for outdoors. I've been looking at plain inline dual strollers (City Select w/ 2nd seat), and I know she could push one a bit, but it's not convenient. Still looking for ideas.

    Hello,

    It's pity for her because that will be a good design if there are business will cooperate with her.

    But I think maybe you can design one stroller as well. Because you know the good or bad point about attaching a stroller on the wheelchairs, it will be a really useful design!

    If you have anything come up, please share with me
    I will share my thought as well

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    404
    I have seen a really good 1 made out of a bike seat that clips down to the front of mum and dad's chair.Used from newborn to 2 years
    Last edited by cyfskid; 10-20-2012 at 05:36 AM.

  8. #8
    Just my input. The stroller you posted above looks like it would have a very limited period of use for a tiny infant. It looks heavy as well. It also looks very expensive! It would be much better to have a stroller that could be used for both an infant and a younger toddler, or at least adjusted more easily for the growing child. Also, this one appears to cause some serious problems with the wheelchair users ability to see the path in front of them to avoid obstacles, other people, etc.

    A number of our members have used and adapted regular "umbrella" type strollers. I would lean toward some adaptation of that inexpensive, lightweight design.

    (KLD)

  9. #9

    stroller

    Thanks for your opinion.
    That is really useful for my design.

    And another question,
    If any chances when you need to buy a new chair (under any condition) or when you
    do you prefer baby carriers to be a single unit and can be added to any type of wheelchair or you may choose a wheelchair that with stroller(or basket) designed in it ( stroller can be taken off while you don't need it and the chair can be the everyday chair with no doubt ) ?







    these are pictures i found in google image, do you mean by the way in pictures ?





    Last edited by Alexx; 10-20-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: add something

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    404

    Smile Answers from a future mum

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Thanks for your opinion.
    That is really useful for my design.

    And another question,
    do you prefer baby carriers to be a single unit ,and can be added to any type of wheelchair
    these are pictures i found in google image, do you mean by the way in pictures ?
    Edited quote shows my answers here are my reasons:

    1) Need to use it inside
    2)Needs to be easier to get off and on when you have no finger movement
    3)I have multiple seating environments(manual,power,handcycle) need to moveable between them all
    4)Cost less metal=cheaper babies cost alot
    5)I would be scared an attachment would come off risking my babies when going over a bump

Similar Threads

  1. Baby Stroller that connects to wheelchair
    By professirx in forum Equipment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 05:01 PM
  2. We're having a baby
    By Princess "Leia" in forum Life
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
  3. trying to have a baby
    By iskumbro in forum Family
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 03:44 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 10:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •