Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When someone has no idea about wheelchair equipment...

I think a lot of the time, relatives of deceased people are selling things. There are millions of powerchairs sitting in storage units and garages that once belonged to geriatric folks.

A lot of people I see don't know the first thing about their own wheelchair. I think them just not knowing is far more likely than that the chair is hot or nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyOT View Post
    I think a lot of the time, relatives of deceased people are selling things. There are millions of powerchairs sitting in storage units and garages that once belonged to geriatric folks.

A lot of people I see don't know the first thing about their own wheelchair. I think them just not knowing is far more likely than that the chair is hot or nonexistent.
    Very true. I know I've been ignorant regarding my own chair, but I'm learning -- thanks to other chair users on this forum.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyOT View Post
    That reminds me of a conversation about a powerchair I had a few weeks ago. It went like this:

Her: "This chair was built for a smaller person. I need a larger one which is why I am selling it"

Me: "Could you give me the dimensions of the seat and back?"

Her: "It's about 17"

Me: "Could you be more specific? I'd have to drive a few hours to pick it up and want to make sure it is the right size."

Her: "Sorry, local pickup only"

Me: "Maybe I haven't been clear, so let me try again. I am interested in buying your wheelchair. I will drive to you and I will pick it up. Before I drive to you, I would like to know what the size of the chair is. That way, I do not waste my time driving if the chair is the wrong size. Could you measure the seat width and depth?"

Her: "Sorry, local buyers only"

-At which point I threw in the towel.
    Hahaha, yea. I don't know how these people function!

And from my experience its been people who are selling the items due to a family member dying.

I'm highly amused that she went out of her way to send another email claiming she knows about these things, but never was able to provide the simple information I requested in the beginning. She shouldn't even need to know how to use a ruler lol the cushion tags should say the dimensions and model names.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    The box with the 20x20 cushion had her name on it. I had checked her out before meeting her. It was her 17 inch chair.
    do you still have the roho? is it a high or low profile? single or dual valve?
    or something else? lol......