Thread: WOW...my pain doc is trippin.

WOW...my pain doc is trippin.

first off her PA had me up to 4800mg gabapentin. well he quit so she backed me down to 3600mg. now this last visit she says our bodys won't absorb more than 1800mg so i'm down to that now.

also, i've been taking mscontin 600mg twice a day plus percocet 10/325 for at least 5 years. well, they tell me that pharmacies aren't wanting to fill but 1 pain med now so they put me on oxycodone 30mg 4 x daily.

i asked about soma to add for spasms. she said there's better stuff and blew me off and didn't give me anything extra. i'm not really in too much more pain but it sounds like i'm getting the cold shoulder or something...........

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    first off her PA had me up to 4800mg gabapentin. well he quit so she backed me down to 3600mg. now this last visit she says our bodys won't absorb more than 1800mg so i'm down to that now.

also, i've been taking mscontin 600mg twice a day plus percocet 10/325 for at least 5 years. well, they tell me that pharmacies aren't wanting to fill but 1 pain med now so they put me on oxycodone 30mg 4 x daily.

i asked about soma to add for spasms. she said there's better stuff and blew me off and didn't give me anything extra. i'm not really in too much more pain but it sounds like i'm getting the cold shoulder or something...........
    My neurologist just recently (Friday) bumped me up to 4800mg of gabapentin, up from 3600mg, as I've been in tremendous pain from neuro pain. I think it's starting to help a little bit, but still in a lot of pain. My pharmacy fills whatever is prescribed.. as long as you don't have narcotics from different doctors.. that sets off a red flag.

If you have spasms from spasticity, something like baclofen should be taken. Tizanidine is another one but I find the effects wear off quickly, whereas baclofen builds up and is a bit longer acting I find. Baclofen tends to be the first choice med for spasticity. Soma is for muscle spasms not spasticity and likely wouldn't help.