Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeeeeepppppp!!!!!!

Usually every couple weeks I get so run down & need sleep I take one of the over the counter p.m. meds (tylenol p.m. etc) on a Friday or Saturday night so having to get up is not an issue the stuff really knocks me out for some reason not an ideal solution since I do not roll/move enough and my body is extra stiff....

Quote Originally Posted by BoyFallDown View Post
    Also you might want to have someone with you the first night you use it. I had ambien a few times in the hospital and hallucinated pretty severely. I was convinced one of the nurses was plotting to kill me

This is why you should take it when you are ready to go to sleep. Swallow, get all comfy and warm and close eyes and then turn off lights. I once took it and stayed up to finish an email. Suddenly the computer screen started to wave then change colors. Never take Ambien and then try to stay awake. But yes, having a family member or friend within screaming distance the first night night be a good idea. I had your hallucination on my first, and last, dose of amitriptyline.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    Usually every couple weeks I get so run down & need sleep I take one of the over the counter p.m. meds (tylenol p.m. etc) on a Friday or Saturday night so having to get up is not an issue the stuff really knocks me out for some reason not an ideal solution since I do not roll/move enough and my body is extra stiff....
    I've done the Tylenol PM too but know to expect to feel sleepy on waking for another 6 hours minimum.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    This is why you should take it when you are ready to go to sleep. Swallow, get all comfy and warm and close eyes and then turn off lights. I once took it and stayed up to finish an email. Suddenly the computer screen started to wave then change colors. Never take Ambien and then try to stay awake. But yes, having a family member or friend within screaming distance the first night night be a good idea. I had your hallucination on my first, and last, dose of amitriptyline.
    Wow, that's so wild. I always read that celebrities and sport stars all take ambien, it's no wonder, it seems to be better than street drugs.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Lol, this stuff sounds interesting. Does this Ambien cause spasticity or anything like that? Does it knock you out or just cause visuals/halucinations?

A friend of mine would get up and cook when she took ambien. Never even knew it and blamed her kids for destroying the kitchen.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.