Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeeeeepppppp!!!!!!

Sleeeeeepppppp!!!!!!

I'm just curious to what you guys do for sleep! I weaned myself off of trazodone because I could not dedicate eight hours to sleep. I tried using melatonin but I was getting some wacky dreams. I am not really able to turn myself so I start off on my left side and then turned to my back once I wake up. I'm averaging about four hours of sleep and then having to go to work and rehab. Thank you for your input.

I pretty much exhaust myself to sleep. It works for me.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

I have not slept right since my injury. I think its partially that I have to sit up in order to turn now. Anyways, Lunesta works great for me but I can't use it every night or it becomes ineffective. I use it when I know I need a good night's sleep.

Your thread title makes me think of Green Goblin in the original Spiderman when he drugs Spidey to sleep.

Seriously, I just go to bed, and fall to sleep.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

I take ambien about 30 minutes before bed time and chase it with a swig of nyquil.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

drugs and alcohol.

If you try Ambien (zolpidam) and have not been on heavy drugs, prescribed or otherwise or drink a lot, get in bed first and then take it. The hypnotic in it can easily have you on the floor if you normally transfer yourself or assist in your transfers. It hits within about 20 minutes. It never prevented me from waking up to turn or cath then go back to sleep. It does not leave the hangover tiredness that the cold meds normally do. Most docs suggest trying 5mg at first and thrn 10mg if the 5 doesn't work. Ask for the 10s and cut them if needed. They are scored or were.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

A bottle of good red wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    If you try Ambien (zolpidam) and have not been on heavy drugs, prescribed or otherwise or drink a lot, get in bed first and then take it. The hypnotic in it can easily have you on the floor if you normally transfer yourself or assist in your transfers. It hits within about 20 minutes. It never prevented me from waking up to turn or cath then go back to sleep. It does not leave the hangover tiredness that the cold meds normally do. Most docs suggest trying 5mg at first and thrn 10mg if the 5 doesn't work. Ask for the 10s and cut them if needed. They are scored or were.
    Also you might want to have someone with you the first night you use it. I had ambien a few times in the hospital and hallucinated pretty severely. I was convinced one of the nurses was plotting to kill me

Melatonin to help falling asleep and then Temazapam is his current routine. However, he is waking during the night, so I guess it isn't working super great.

Ambien had him seeing "pretty colors" within about 10 mins of taking it, and acting really loopy pretty fast!
    Rebecca
    Wife and Caregiver, husband has Secondary Progressive MS, wheelchair bound, unable to work, MS still progressing.
    Mother of 2 active boys!