Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Genetic Testing for Breast Cancer

Hey Lynnifer, can you do aerobics 3xweek? You really should and sustain it for at least 30mins each time. I listened to a podcast today that stated that approx 80% of wc users, not just sci, end up with non insulin depend diabetes because of lack of use of major muscle groups.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Now THAT is a horrifying stat, Nov, gawdamighty! What do you do for aerobics? I'm babying my shoulders b/c my van and my world are not power-chair accessible. At all!

Any quads notice we can't feel to do breast self-exam?

I feel ya on the accessibility thing, Jenn. I remember going to the gyn. Got myself on the table (w/ difficulty.) Then had to deal w/ disdain b/c somebody had to hold my R knee up. That dumb nurse was just a CYA precaution for the male doctor, but holding my knee up was outside her scope of duties, apparently. I doubt I'd ever have gone back, had I been unable to access that ridiculous table...

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Now THAT is a horrifying stat, Nov, gawdamighty! What do you do for aerobics? I'm babying my shoulders b/c my van and my world are not power-chair accessible. At all!

Any quads notice we can't feel to do breast self-exam?

I feel ya on the accessibility thing, Jenn. I remember going to the gyn. Got myself on the table (w/ difficulty.) Then had to deal w/ disdain b/c somebody had to hold my R knee up. That dumb nurse was just a CYA precaution for the male doctor, but holding my knee up was outside her scope of duties, apparently. I doubt I'd ever have gone back, had I been unable to access that ridiculous table...
    if you cannot do it then you need to have a friend help you out. feel the boobies to save the boobies!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Hey Lynnifer, can you do aerobics 3xweek? You really should and sustain it for at least 30mins each time. I listened to a podcast today that stated that approx 80% of wc users, not just sci, end up with non insulin depend diabetes because of lack of use of major muscle groups.
    that stat is high. where did they get these numbers?

I try when I can to do anything but when I go back to work, it might be a challenge. Trying to baby my shoulders so I have them for another 10 as well. Fortunately I move around a lot anyway. So far the diabetes tests have all been normal (I do it every year since my mother passed 16yrs ago).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XpISTprPNa4
    They are talking about diabetes and cardiovascular risk around 9:30.

Beth I joined a gym specifically for sci and do aerobics for 40-50min 3xweek. I tried a dvd I bought and it had you doing it for 30min and I didn't even get winded. This gym routine does though. I want to stop at times...or cry because it's hard and really works you. You are hot and breathing hard. lol. A lot of arm movements you normally don't do with arms up and away from the body. We are so use to doing things with our arms down and right next or in front of us. The aerobics doesn't make me sore...I'm already sore always. It helps the pain. Focuses a lot on bringing shoulders back and down.

I'm an idiot and jumped right into the strength training because I wasn't hurting bad. Did full on workout with weights. It's 40 secs on/ 20 secs rest for about 40mins straight. My biceps and front of shoulders are killing me. I always overdo it when I feel great and then have to stop and recover from the flare up for days. When will I learn?

It's very important to do self breast exams. I found a lump in my early 20's and had to go through mammo, ultrasound, and biopsy. It was scary as I was going through it alone. All of my family was 1,200 miles away at the time. It started hurting again last year and I found out it doubled in size. I opted to have surgery and have it removed last Jan. It was better to be rid of it and have it out of my mind imo. Thankfully it came back benign. The scars suck, but whatever. What are a few more.
    Last edited by november; 12-11-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: left words out
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Angry

Beth I joined a gym specifically for sci and do aerobics for 40-50min 3xweek. I tried a dvd I bought and it had you doing it for 30min and I didn't even get winded. This gym routine does though. I want to stop at times...or cry because it's hard and really works you. You are hot and breathing hard. lol. A lot of arm movements you normally don't do with arms up and away from the body. We are so use to doing things with our arms down and right next or in front of us. The aerobics doesn't make me sore...I'm already sore always. It helps the pain. Focuses a lot on bringing shoulders back and down.

I'm an idiot and jumped right into the strength training because I wasn't hurting bad. Did full on workout with weights. It's 40 secs on/ 20 secs rest for about 40mins straight. My biceps and front of shoulders are killing me. I always overdo it when I feel great and then have to stop and recover from the flare up for days. When will I learn?

It's very important to do self breast exams. I found a lump in my early 20's and had to go through mammo, ultrasound, and biopsy. It was scary as I was going through it alone. All of my family was 1,200 miles away at the time. It started hurting again last year and I found out it doubled in size. I opted to have surgery and have it removed last Jan. It was better to be rid of it and have it out of my mind imo. Thankfully it came back benign. The scars suck, but whatever. What are a few more.
    isnt she here on carecure?

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    isnt she here on carecure?
    Think so. The doctor is the one that was giving the info in the clip though.

I think as prevention is better than cure we need to make and bring lots of awareness program on the breast cancer as gradually the % of this increasing so we need to promise our self to make one or more people how it causes and what is the stuff behind it;even the discussion makes lot of alert!!

Thanks for sharing the video on PushRIm.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda