Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Oracing XTR2

My Oracing XTR2

As some of you know I have recently purchased an Oracing XTR2 through TotoL1 and just received it on Friday. This is my first shot at ordering a chair myself from scratch and Toto was incredibly helpful through the whole process. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted (or so I thought) but he gave me a lot of suggestions and helped out with several dimensions that I wouldn’t have been happy with otherwise. I got lucky and was able to make a deal with Oracing to speed up the process and got the chair incredibly fast from the time of approved drawings.

I also spoke with Felipe from Oracing on the phone and through email a lot and he was extremely good to deal with and the entire process went very smoothly. They revised the CAD drawings 3 or 4 times and it was always done in one day and no questions asked. They really will do anything you want…so you have to be careful what you ask for!

Anyways, about the chair…simply, it’s perfect. It fits like a glove and is exactly what I wanted. It is incredibly stiff and feels rock solid at all times. It pushes incredibly well and just glides forever perfectly straight. I was pretty nervous about the non adjustable COG but with Toto’s help we got it pretty much bang on. Just had to loosen the upholstery a bit and it’s right where I wanted it. Speaking of upholstery he isn’t kidding when he says it’s the nicest out there. It’s very high quality and incredibly comfortable. I’m coming from an ADI carbon back and I like this better.

Transfer weight without wheels but with D’s locks, carbon seatpan and full sideguards came in at 18lbs. That is on a scale that an Icon with no wheels at 24lbs with carbon seat and adi carbon back. FYI my set of Dino’s with marathon plus tires comes in at 9lbs total for a total weight on the XTR2 of 27lbs.. That could be reduced significantly with different brakes and thinner smaller tubing. I went with oversized 25mm tubing because I don’t like the look of the 19mm standard tube.

The carbon seat pan strips really do work incredibly well. I have been in suspension chairs before and while this may not give you quite the cushion dropping off a 6” curb, for day-to-day use I don’t notice a difference. It completely eliminates sidewalk bums and doors sills etc.

The D’s locks are as good as everyone on here says…they are so much more convenient. The D’s disk attachment for the round betty’s isn’t as nice as the surelock one piece disk but it’s one of those things you deal with once and never think about again.

As far as price goes I think Oracing is a great value when you consider you’re getting a custom hand built one-off frame. I speced out a Tilite TR3 on sportaid with all the equivalent options (where possible) and the price was within a few dollars and I couldn’t get a lot of the stuff I did with the XTR. I won’t go into pricing details as that is for Oracing and Toto to come up with.
    Last edited by gmorris; 10-16-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Few more pics:

NICE))))))))

oracing makes some nice looking chairs.

CONGRATS dude.

Just so it's all here, here's a link to where Toto posted the CAD drawings for all the details.

http://carecure.rutgers.edu/forum/sh...8&postcount=46

Congrats on a super nice looking ride and great calendar quality photography to boot. If you haven't already given your chair a name, I would suggest "Mr. October."

Quote Originally Posted by gmorris View Post
    Just so it's all here, here's a link to where Toto posted the CAD drawings for all the details.

http://carecure.rutgers.edu/forum/sh...8&postcount=46

Oracing produces the nicest, cleanest-looking CAD drawings in the biz.

Super sexy chair!

Super nice scenery!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Congrats on a super nice looking ride and great calendar quality photography to boot. If you haven't already given your chair a name, I would suggest "Mr. October."
    I know, the first picture looks like an ad for Oracing. Congrats on the chair.

Stephen I spoke to Scott today - thanks, he's been great!
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

G, what do you think about the ergo seat? Have you had it before?

Also, you mention the rigidity. Curious on what you rode before the oRacing?

I was wondering if the oversize tubing was your or oracing's doing, thanks for verifying.

Quote Originally Posted by gmorris View Post

Anyways, about the chair…simply, it’s perfect. It fits like a glove and is exactly what I wanted. It is incredibly stiff and feels rock solid at all times. It pushes incredibly well and just glides forever perfectly straight. It’s very high quality and incredibly comfortable. I’m coming from an ADI carbon back and I like this better.

Transfer weight without wheels but with D’s locks, carbon seatpan and full sideguards came in at 18lbs. That is on a scale that an Icon with no wheels at 24lbs with carbon seat and adi carbon back.
    The carbon seat pan strips really do work incredibly well. I have been in suspension chairs before and while this may not give you quite the cushion dropping off a 6” curb, for day-to-day use I don’t notice a difference. It completely eliminates sidewalk bums and doors sills etc.

Thank gmorris, great your happy with the chair, but if i tell you the true i knowed before you will have it.
    I love this pic, btw 18lbs without rear wheels is impossible, that`s too much, i think is time to buy a new scale lol.

BTW your wheel are in the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    G, what do you think about the ergo seat? Have you had it before?

Also, you mention the rigidity. Curious on what you rode before the oRacing?

I was wondering if the oversize tubing was your or oracing's doing, thanks for verifying.
    He have told it in the thread, an Icon.

About the oversize tubing was his choice, we offered doing it in 20mm, 22mm and 25mm, even in 30mm if he would want, and the full frame in titanium was a choice too, but the price go up and just we did the footrest in titanium.
    Last edited by totoL1; 10-17-2012 at 05:50 AM.