Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im cracking.... :( :(

Im cracking.... :( :(

I honestly think that the people in the medical field just want me to live in pain. Its almost like they want to see how much of this I can take before I crack.... Well, let me just say this..... IM CRACKING!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

What about the pain clinic, was your GP not able to get you an appointment with a new doc there?

I havent heard back yet. I was in the ER all afternoon evening with some other issue. I had asked the surgeon for other possibilities too but I wont be able to call that office till Monday. And that still isnt an appointment

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Sounds like a lot of runaround and hurry up and wait! Which is sadly becoming the norm, these days. About all you can do is keep being the squeaky wheel, calling them back when they don't call you.

Becky, are you on any anti-depressants? I ask because while it may not make your pain go away per se, the changes in your brain chemistry and mood might trick you into it being more tolerable than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Becky, are you on any anti-depressants? I ask because while it may not make your pain go away per se, the changes in your brain chemistry and mood might trick you into it being more tolerable than it is.

Actually, what is great is that there are some anti-depressants that are also good nerve pain medicines.... especially cymbalta and effexor. Hit two birds with one stone.

Has your physiatrist at RIC ever been helpful with managing your pain?

Just keep calling the clinic every day to check for cancellations. That's what we do... Stinks though.

yes, Im on effexor and amitriptyline

Becky
    since 1/3/04

I'm so sorry. I feel the same way currently as I'm between pain drs. Mine disappeared and then everywhere declined me as a patient saying my case was too complex. So meanwhile I'm on less meds and I don't know how much longer I can tolerate the pain. Hang in there, and I also hope you get somewhere with treating the hernia.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    yes, Im on effexor and amitriptyline

Becky
    Can you increase the dose of the effexor, if the side effects are tolerable? Often docs stop increasing too soon.

I had been on a higher dose but the side effects were not fun either... I chose to lower the dose to a tolerable side effect dose.

Becky
    since 1/3/04