Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your billing

Your billing

I am not sure where Thto put this nor even know if it already exists. If someone know the answer feel free. to do so........Sportaid, which I just created an order for a cushion and tires. The box was delivered, all that was in the box was the tires. Their system shows the order as being COMPLETE. The system also shows a single UPS Tracking Number which also shows complete. This indicated to me something ws WRONG somewhere. I sent them email.....the answer I received was 1 part was shipped from Sportaid and the other from the manufacturer. Credit card is billed the entire oirder amount, NOT only shipped items. BE AWARE, IF ITEMS ON YOUR ORDER ARE SHIPPED FROM BOTH SPORTAID AND THE MANUFACTURER, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS, YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL PROBABLY BE BILLED ENTIRE ORDER AMOUNT BEFORE ALL ITEMS ARE SHIPPED/RECEIVED. I CONFIRMED THIS WITH Sportaid. They said they are aware of this and working on it. I doubt that to be true. I am not the 1st customer.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Is this the first time you ever ordered anything online? That is normal with any online dealer. Amazon.com does the same thing with orders coming from different suppliers. Most likely the cushion hasn't shipped yet and that is why you haven't received a tracking number for it yet. Also, sometimes it ships faster than they can get the info entered into the system, I couldn't tell you the number of times I get the package before the shipping info, this happens with a lot of companies, especially when it comes within a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    I am not sure where Thto put this nor even know if it already exists. If someone know the answer feel free. to do so........Sportaid, which I just created an order for a cushion and tires. The box was delivered, all that was in the box was the tires. Their system shows the order as being COMPLETE. The system also shows a single UPS Tracking Number which also shows complete. This indicated to me something ws WRONG somewhere. I sent them email.....the answer I received was 1 part was shipped from Sportaid and the other from the manufacturer. Credit card is billed the entire oirder amount, NOT only shipped items. BE AWARE, IF ITEMS ON YOUR ORDER ARE SHIPPED FROM BOTH SPORTAID AND THE MANUFACTURER, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS, YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL PROBABLY BE BILLED ENTIRE ORDER AMOUNT BEFORE ALL ITEMS ARE SHIPPED/RECEIVED. I CONFIRMED THIS WITH Sportaid. They said they are aware of this and working on it. I doubt that to be true. I am not the 1st customer.
    Hi rlmtrhmiles-
    I understand your frustration but it is possible the items have already shipped from the other manufacturer. Beyond that, this situation is not that uncommon. What Sportaid should consider doing is informing the customer of the process ahead of time so the customer is not stressed.
    E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Yeah man, relax. I have bought tons of stuff from sportaid they aren't going to rip you off.

Cushions are shipped directly from the manufacturer. You'll get it in a week or two.

The only other option would be for it to be shipped to Sportaid so they could ship everything at once. That would mean a longer wait, less warehouse space for the items they do keep in stock, and having two shipping charges instead of one.

It isn't like they are selling standard consumer goods. They have a limited customer base and formidable competition. They need good customer service to survive. The staus quo seems like a win-win to me.

We do this too, usually to speed things up for the customer - if someone orders an Icon with an ADI back, we bill the entire amount when we ship the chair, but the back is sometimes a few days behind (or ahead).

The critical element is that Sportaid has a great reputation - they've been doing this a long time now, and their reputation is very well deserved.

Folks, I am not frstrated at all. I order tons of things online. Never had any issue with this place. I have no problem, which I already did, sent them an email simply stating if not receive in Xdays I will simply email credit card "REJECTING" the charge. It is not big deal. OI did though never have multiple charges and items rally not yet shipped. That is stealing $$$$. My order does not add up to $$$$, but when the company basically has your money for a few days and everyone elses they are making money that way. Never had charges on card without a tracking number.

Before my accident I was designing/implementing and any other thing you want to call software, 20+ years.

Jeff, that is a cheap way to make interest on $$$$ you are holding for a few days. No, it is not a crook, I should just design some software that continually creates POs and cancels them before a company work on them. At least it would eat up their hardware time. Truthfully, I do not like companies like I have described here. This kind of crap is what IS destroying this country. Sorry for bringing this up, but this shit does piss me off.