Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "It could have been worse"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN12many View Post
    I usually hear it preceded with "You're lucky" as in "You're lucky; it could have been worse". I even see the "lucky" here in threads and posts.

I'm an incomplete para; I'm "lucky" I'm not complete;
    or the complete para whose "lucky" he's not a quad;
    or the incomplete quad who is "lucky" he's not complete;
    and if you are a complete quad, someone, I'm sure has told you "you're lucky to be alive";
    and, if any of us die, at our gravesite, someone will say he's "lucky" he didn't have to live that way.

I am amazed how "lucky" we can be to have an SCI.
    I know you did not mean for this to be funny but when I got to the "....and, if any of us die, at our gravesite, someone will say he's "lucky" he didn't have to live that way..." I laughed out loud because it is so true. I am so grateful for threads like this because it makes me feel as other people have the same feelings as I do. I feel so lucky to be so normal :P

E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Well...it could have been worse, you could have been pushing up daisies right now.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Well...it could have been worse, you could have been pushing up daisies right now.
    Don't worry about wtf. She has the sensitivity of a dick after complete paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Don't worry about wtf. She has the sensitivity of a dick after complete paralysis.
    Shut-up, you know I'm sweet.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Blog Entries
    Sheesh, you y'all need to get a life! "It could have been worse" is true... unless you are talking to a dead guy.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    "It could have been worse";

"yea, it could have been you."

Shuts 'em up every time.
    Best ever response!!!

All the best,
    GJ

My mother in law (who lost her husband in April, my SCI happened in Oct.) said that my injury "saved her life by giving her something to live for." We were living at her house at the time. She has three children and 7 grandchildren. Shouldn't that have been enough. I understand that my injury helped her move forward and not think about her husband's death but it still hurt very much! Needlees to say, our relationship hasn't been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Sheesh, you y'all need to get a life! "It could have been worse" is true... unless you are talking to a dead guy.
    I agree with Donno... I don't see what's so bad about "it could have been worse"

Quote Originally Posted by momo3 View Post
    My mother in law (who lost her husband in April, my SCI happened in Oct.) said that my injury "saved her life by giving her something to live for." We were living at her house at the time. She has three children and 7 grandchildren. Shouldn't that have been enough. I understand that my injury helped her move forward and not think about her husband's death but it still hurt very much! Needlees to say, our relationship hasn't been the same.
    I don't understand why you would hold a grudge about that. It is not like she said "I am glad you got injured", I am sure she wishes you didn't. If helping you in your time of need helped her find purpose after her tragic loss, why is that a bad thing?

I always think of this when someone says "It could be worse"